2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

14th May 2015, 03:42 PM
Unregistered

Time Table For PGCET

I am from Warangal and want to apply for the KU PGCET exam looking for the application for of the KU PGCET exam so that I can apply. Please provide me the application form and also tell me the Time Table for KU PGCET exams?
Similar Threads
Thread
RTU MCA Time Table
Time Table of PTU
VTU time table for BE in ISE
Rcu MBA time table
MBA IV Sem Time Table
OU Time Table For MBA
RTU MBA Time Table
Time Table RTU 3rd SEM
RTU Time Table 3rd Sem
VTU Time Table for 8th Sem
D ED CET time table
1st SEM B.COM Time table
Exam Time Table for MBA Full Time Course In BAMU
MBA Second Sem Time Table
Mku MBA time table
Time table RTU
RTU Time Table
Time Table Of Wb Tet
MGU.ac.in Time Table
VTU Time Table 1st SEM Jan
29th April 2020, 04:26 PM
Unregistered

Re: Time Table For PGCET

Can you provide me the time table/important dates for Karnataka Post Graduate Common Entrance Test (Karnataka PGCET) 2020 for admission in MCA Program?
29th April 2020, 04:27 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Time Table For PGCET

Karnataka PGCET (Karnataka Post Graduate Common Entrance Test) is conducted by Karnataka Examination Authority (KEA) for admission into various PG courses in Karnataka. Candidates can get admission into government seats as well as for Management Quota seats through Karnataka PGCET.

Karnataka PGCET 2020 Exam Dates (Tentative)

Release of Karnataka PGCET 2020 notification May 19, 2020
Karnataka PGCET Registration 2020 begins May 19, 2020
Last day to fill Karnataka PGCET Application Form 2020 June 20, 2020
Issue of Karnataka PGCET Admit Card July 12, 2020
Karnataka PGCET 2020 Exam Date July 20 – 21, 2020
Declaration of Karnataka PGCET Result August 2020
Karnataka PGCET Counselling 2020 September 2020

MCA Full-time & Lateral Entry to 2nd year MCA

Full-time: Bachelor’s Degree with Math/ Stats/ Comp. Sci./ Comp. App./ Comp. Prog./ Business Math/ Business Stats (any one subject) (+) 50% marks (45% marks for SC/ ST/ Category-I of Karnataka candidates).

Lateral Entry: Bachelor’s Degree in BCA/ B.Sc(I.T./ Comp. Sci) (+) Math in 10+2/ Graduate level (+) 50% marks (45% marks for SC/ ST/ Category-I of Karnataka candidates)

Karnataka PGCET MCA Syllabus 2020:-

Mathematics

Algebra :

Fundamental operations in Algebra, Expansion, Factorization, Simultaneous Linear / Quadratic equations, Indices, Logarithms, Arithmetic, Geometric and Harmonic progressions, Binomial Theorem, Permutations and Combinations, Surds, Determinants, Matrices and application to solution of simultaneous linear equations.

Co-Ordinate Geometry: Rectangular Cartesian co-ordinates, Equations of Line, Mid-point, Intersections etc, Equations of a Circle, Distance formulae, Pair of straight lines, Parabola, Ellipse and Hyperbola, Simple Geometric transformations such as Translation, Rotation, Scaling.

Vector: Position vector, addition and subtraction of Vectors, Scalar and Vector products.

Trigonometry: Simple identities, Trigonometric equations, Properties of Triangles, Inverse function.

Probability and Statistics : Basic concept of Probability theory, Averages, Dependent and Independent events, Frequency distributions and measures of dispersions, Skewness and Kurtosis, Random variable and Distribution functions, Mathematical Expectations, Binomial, Poisson, Normal distributions, Curve fitting and Principle of Least Squares, Correlation and Regression.

Computer Awareness:

Computer Basics: Organization of a computer, Central Processing Unit (CPU), Input / Output devices, Computer Memory, Back-up devices, Computer Languages, Operating Systems.

Data Representation: Representation of Characters, Integers and Fractions, Binary and Hexadecimal representations, Binary Arithmetic: Addition, Subtraction, Multiplication, Division, Two’s complement arithmetic, Floating-point representation of numbers, Normalized Floating-point representation.

3. Analytical Ability and Logical Reasoning: The question in this section will cover Logical Reasoning, Quantitative reasoning and Visuo-spatial reasoning.

4. General Awareness: This section shall carry questions to test the general awareness about Business, Finance, Industry, Transportation, Scientific inventions, Governance, Healthcare and Cultural dimensions etc.

5. General English: Questions on Grammar and Vocabulary.

Karnataka PGCET MCA 2020 Pattern:-

The PGCET will be held in one session separately for MCA courses conducted for 100 marks with 150 minutes duration.
Each question paper will be of (Objective) Multiple Choice type.
The question paper will be in four different versions.
Each question will have four different options.
60 questions in Part - A carry one mark each
20 questions in Part - B carry two marks each
Thus there will be 80 questions and a total mark is 100.
All questions are compulsory. In other words, there is no choice among questions.
There will be no negative evaluation with regard to wrong answers but marks will not be awarded in respect of multiple answers.

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in