2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

29th April 2015, 11:14 AM
Unregistered

TIFR Written Test

I want to take admission in Graduate Program in Mathematics at TIFR (Tata Institute of Fundamental Research), Mumbai, Maharashtra and looking for details about TIFR GS (Graduate School) Entrance Exam so please provide me the same with date of Written Test?
Similar Threads
Thread
CPO SI Written Test
BARC Written Test
ITC Written Test Paper For MBA
Written Test For ISRO
MIDHANI Written Test
Written Test Papers of HCL
IIT Bombay Written Test
Written Test Of HCL
HPCL Written Test
DRDO Written Test
PNB Written Test
SBI PO Written Test Marks
Written Comprehension Test
Written admission test
PNB Written Test Papers
NEEPCO Written Test
NIFT Written Test
Papers for TCS Written Test
TCS Direct PI Test Eligibility without off campus written test
TCS written test pattern
23rd April 2018, 08:03 AM
Unregistered

Re: TIFR Written Test

I want to get the details of Tata Institute of Fundamental Research TIFR GS Written Test so will you please provide me?
23rd April 2018, 08:04 AM
Super Moderator

Re: TIFR Written Test

TIFR GS is conducted by the Tata Institute of Fundamental Research for Graduate School Admissions.

The Institute runs a graduate programme leading to the award of Ph.D., Integrated M.Sc.-Ph.D. as well as M.Sc. degree in certain subjects.

TIFR GS 2019 Dates

Online registration starts from 2nd week of Sep 2018
Last date for application in Physics, Chemistry,
Maths and Computer Science 3rd week of Oct 2018
Last for application in Biology and M.Sc. (Wildlife
Biology & Conservation) 3rd week of Oct 20178
Issuance of Hall Ticket 2nd week of Nov 2018
Date of Entrance Examination 2nd week Dec 2018
Declaration of Result (shortlist for interview) 3rd week of Jan 2019
GATE Scored based applications to Systems Science
(including Communications and Applied Probability) Opens: 2nd week of Feb 2019
Closes: Last week of Mar 2019

TIFR GS Eligibility

Mathematics:

For PhD: M.A./M.Sc./M. Tech

For I-PhD: B.A./B.Sc./B.E./B. Tech. (Students already having/completing an M.Sc. degree by July 2018 are not eligible)

Physics:

For PhD: M.Sc./M.S. in Physics, or equivalent, on completion of programmes(s) of duration not less than 5 years in total

For I-PhD:

M.E. /M. Tech./B.Sc./B.S./B.E./ B.Tech./B. Chem. in Physics, Engineering Physics, or equivalent degree, on completion of programme(s) of duration not less than 3 years in total; any other degree in Science/Engineering/Medicine, or equivalent, on completion of programme(s) of duration not less than 3 years in total

In addition,

I-PhD candidates with not less than four or more years of university education who clear the written test may be considered by TCIS for their PhD Program

Chemistry:

For PhD: M.Sc./B.E./B.Tech./M. Pharm or equivalent degree

For I-Ph.D.: B.Sc./B.Pharm./B.S. degree or equivalent degree

Candidates with B.E./B.Tech degrees can optionally get an M.Sc. degree by fulfilling necessary requirements

Biology: Candidates will be shortlisted for interview based on written test marks, CV and Scientific Write-up

For Ph.D.: Masters in Basic Science (M.Sc. Physics/Chemistry/Any branch of Biology) or Bachelors in Applied Science. These include, M.Sc.(Ag.), B.Tech., B.E., B.V.Sc., B.Pharma. (4 years course), MBBS, BDS, M.Pharma

For I-PhD/M.Sc.: Bachelors in any Basic Science (Physics/Chemistry/Any branch of Biology)

For M.Sc. Wildlife Biology & Conservation: Indian nationals who have a Bachelors degree in any discipline (with a minimum of 60% in core subjects) and a strong interest in wildlife research and conservation; graduate nationals for Central, South and Southeast Asian countries, with similar qualifications, are also eligible to apply

Computer & System Sciences (including Communications and Applied Probability):

For PhD: B. Tech. /B.E./M. Tech./M.E./M.C.A./M.Sc. or equivalent degree in Computer Science / Electronics & Communications Engineering/Electrical Engineering or related branches. Exceptionally well qualified students with B. Tech./B.E./M. Tech./M.E./M.Sc. degrees in other disciplines may also be considered

Fellowship

For PhD & I-PhD Programmes, the academic year starts from August 1, every year. The academic year for M.Sc. programme begins from July 1, every year

PhD Students receive a monthly fellowship of Rs 25,000/- (enhanced to Rs 28,000/- after registration)

I-PhD Students receive a monthly fellowship of Rs 16000/- for the first year. At the end of the first year, upon satisfactory performance, the fellowship is enhanced to Rs 25000/- per month (further raised to Rs 28,000/- after registration for PhD)

M.Sc. (Biology) Students receive a monthly fellowship of Rs 16000/-

M.Sc.(Wildlife Biology & Conservation) Students receive a monthly fellowship of Rs 12000/-

Contact-

TIFR
Homi Bhabha Road, Navy Nagar, Colaba, TIFR, Old Navy Nagar, Colaba, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400005
022 2278 2000

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in