2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

12th June 2018, 10:05 AM
Unregistered

Re: TIFR research scholars' admission procedure

Hi buddy I want to know Tata Institute of Fundamental Research (TIFR), Mumbai research scholars' admission procedure , so would you plz let me know for the same ??
12th June 2018, 10:06 AM
Super Moderator

Re: TIFR research scholars' admission procedure

Tata Institute of Fundamental Research (TIFR), Mumbai was established in 1945.

As you want I am telling Tata Institute of Fundamental Research (TIFR), Mumbai research scholars' admission procedure will be based on written test for admission to the PhD programme that will be held on May 13, 2018 from 10 am to 1pm.

You should be present at least one hour before the test begins i.e, at 9:00 am. You will not be permitted to leave the exam hall before 12:30 pm.

Exam pattern:
The written test will be of three hours duration, and it will have two sections.

The first section, to be answered in two hours, will contain a total of 90 multiple choice questions distributed among several subjects as follows:

(a) 30 questions that test scientific literacy, technical comprehension, quantitative and logical reasoning.

(b) 20 questions on education, social sciences and cognitive sciences.

(c) 10 questions each on biology, chemistry, physics and mathematics. The 10 questions in each subject will test the candidate's ability to apply concepts and reason with concepts in these subjects. The subject content covered by the questions will be up to the level of CBSE Std. XII.

The candidate is expected to answer a maximum of 50 questions from section one in a time duration of two hours. There is no negative marking. However, in case more than 50 questions are attempted, the score obtained will be normalized (i.e., proportionally decreased) to a score corresponding to 50 questions.

The second section will have the following questions to be answered in one hour:

(a) Describe briefly (in 300 words or less) any research topic of your interest related to science, mathematics or design and technology education. Provide arguments for why that research is important, and outline the possible educational outcomes of the research you have described.

(b) Describe your response (in 300 words or less) to any one of the given issues in education. (Issues will be given in the question paper.)

(c) Write short notes on any two of the topics given in the context of educational research (150 words each). (Topics will be given in the question paper.)

Address

Tata Institute of Fundamental Research, Mumbai
City : Mumbai
State : Maharashtra
Contact No : 22-22782000
Contact Email : webmaster@tifr.res.in

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in