2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

1st May 2015, 10:23 AM
Unregistered

TIFR Mumbai Admission

I have completed B.Sc and now want to do M.Sc from the Tata Institute of Fundamental Research Mumbai so please give me details about the admission procedure of it? When will be the admission process of it will start? Is there nay entrance exam to get admission in M.Sc course in TIFR Mumbai?
28th November 2015, 03:35 PM
Unregistered

Re: TIFR Mumbai Admission

I would like to know the manual admission procedure for TIFR Mumbai as I plan to join the institute?
28th November 2015, 03:36 PM
Super Moderator

Re: TIFR Mumbai Admission

The Tata Institute of Fundamental Research is a National Centre of the Government of India, under the umbrella of the Department of Atomic Energy, as well as a deemed University awarding degrees for master's and doctoral programs.

The Manual Application process for TIFR Mumbai is as follows.
Applicants have to send a request for application form (without DD) along with a self-addressed stamped (Rs 20/-) envelope (size 25cm x 17cm) superscribed "GS-2016 (Subject)" to:

For Biology:
Admissions Section
National Centre for Biological Sciences
UAS-GKVK Campus, Bellary Road,
Bangalore 560065.

For other subjects, except Science Education:
University Cell,
Tata Institute of Fundamental Research,
Homi Bhabha Road,
Colaba,
Mumbai 400005.

The filled-in application form must be sent along with DD and two passport size photographs (one pasted on the application and one stapled to it).

Applicants can appear for the written test in various subjects if the timings do not clash. They have to send separate application (including Demand Draft) for individual subject.

Application Fee (Non-Refundable):

For Male Candidates Rs 550/- for manual applications and Rs 800/- for taking the test as walk-in apllicant.

For Female Candidates Rs 200/- for taking the test as walk-in applicant.

Application fee can be paid online by way of internet banking or by Debit/Credit Card or by Demand Draft as well.

Address:
Tata Institute of Fundamental Research
Homi Bhabha Road, Mumbai 400 005, India
Phone: +91-22 2278 2000
Fax: +91-22 2280 4610, 2280 4611

Tags
admission

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in