2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

8th March 2016, 02:49 PM
Super Moderator

Re: TIFR M.Sc maths entrance

The Tata Institute of Fundamental Research is India's premier institution for advanced research in fundamental sciences.

M.Sc program details

Eligibility

M.Sc. Programme:

The M.Sc. degree is offered only as part of the Ph.D. programme.

There is no separate M.Sc. programme in Mathematics.

Admission Procedure

The admissions procedure (in all subjects, except Science Education) consists of a written test at one of the several nationwide centres, followed by interviews of shortlisted candidates.

Shortlisted candidates will be called for interviews to be held during end-February to early-April, 2016.

Exact dates would be announced later.

Results of the entrance examination will be announced on January 28, 2016 and students shortlisted for interview will be intimated by email.

Syllabus & Exam Pattern

TIFR GS Mathematics Exam Pattern

Duration:

Two hours (2 hours), There are thirty (30) multiple choice questions divided into two parts.

Part I consists of 15 questions and Part II consists of 15 questions.

Bachelors students who have applied only for the Integrated Ph.D. program at TIFR CAM, Bangalore will only be evaluated on Part I.

All other students (including Bachelors students applying to the Ph.D. programs at both TIFR, Mumbai and Bangalore) will be evaluated on both Parts I and II.

Each correct answer will get 1 mark. There is no negative marking for wrong answers.

A question not answered will not get you any mark

Entrance exam paper of M.Sc maths of TIFR

Now I am attaching pdf file of entrance exam of M.Sc maths of TIFR so that you can download it.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Entrance exam paper of M.Sc maths of TIFR.pdf (192.2 KB, 109 views)

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in