2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

11th April 2015, 11:58 AM
Unregistered

TIFR Imo

Mathematical Olympiad Cell (HBCSE, TIFR) conducts the International Mathematical Olympiad (IMO). I need the information regarding the IMO so I tell that to my son. He is very good in Mathematics? Please share the details about it?
Similar Threads
Thread
M.Sc In TIFR
Tcs Tifr
MBA in TIFR
Dcs tifr
TIFR Web
Cs tifr
Daa tifr
Tifr gs
Ibs tifr
TIFR DBS M.Sc
Rmo tifr
Phd from TIFR
Tifr cse
TIFR Dec Key
TIFR Cut Off
Tifr net
CST to TIFR
TIFR Phd
Tifr dd
Tifr after b sc
15th May 2018, 10:31 AM
Unregistered

Re: TIFR Imo

I recently took admission in Homi Bhabha Centre for Science Education(TIFR) and came to know about the International Mathematical Olympiad (IMO). Will you provide basic details about TIFR International Mathematical Olympiad (IMO) also tell stages of IMO event?
15th May 2018, 10:32 AM
Super Moderator

Re: TIFR Imo

The Mathematical Olympiad Programme in India, which leads to participation of Indian students in the International Mathematical Olympiad (IMO) is organized by the Homi Bhabha Centre for Science Education (HBCSE) on behalf of the National Board for Higher Mathematics (NBHM) of the Department of Atomic Energy (DAE), Government of India

Stages of IMO:

Stage 1:

The first stage examination, the pre-Regional Mathematical Olympiad (PRMO) is a two and half hour examination with 30 questions. The answer to each question is either a single digit number or a two digit number and will need to be marked on a machine readable OMR response sheet.

Stage 2:

The second stage examination, the Regional Mathematical Olympiad (RMO) is a three hour examination with six problems.

Stage 3:

The best-perfroming students from the RMO (approximately 900) qualify for the third stage the Indian National Mathematical Olympiad (INMO). The INMO is held on the third Sunday of January at 28 centres across the country.

Stage 4:

The top students from the INMO (approximately 35) are invited for the fourth stage, the International Mathematical Olympiad Training Camp (IMOTC) held at HBCSE during April to May.

Stage 5:

The selected team undergoes a rigorous training programme for about 8-10 days at HBCSE prior to its departure for the IMO.
Stage 6:

The Olympiad programme culminates with the participation of the students in the IMO. The students are accompanied by 4 teachers or mentors.

Olympiads

Homi Bhabha Centre for Science Education(TIFR)
V. N. Purav Marg,
Next to Anushakti Nagar bus depot,
Mankhurd, Mumbai - 400 088.

2507 2322 (Science Olympiads)
2507 2207 (Mathematical Olympiad)

scioly@hbcse.tifr.res.in (Science Olympiads)
matholy@hbcse.tifr.res.in (Mathematical Olympiads)

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in