2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

13th May 2018, 09:56 AM
Unregistered

Re: Technical English I Syllabus for Anna University

Can you provide me the syllabus of -Technical English I under B Tech (Bachelor of Technology) Semester I Program offered by Anna University?
13th May 2018, 09:58 AM
Super Moderator

Re: Technical English I Syllabus for Anna University

The syllabus of -Technical English I under B Tech (Bachelor of Technology) Semester I Program offered by Anna University is as follows:

I SEMESTER SYLLABUS
B.E. / B. Tech. (All Branches except Marine Engineering)
HS6151 TECHNICAL ENGLISH I

UNIT I
Listening - Introducing learners to GIE - Types of listening - Listening to audio (verbal & sounds); Speaking - Speaking about ones place, important festivals etc. Introducing oneself, ones family / friend; Reading - Skimming a reading passage Scanning for specific information - Note-making; Writing - Free writing on any given topic (My favourite place / Hobbies / School life, etc.) Sentence completion - Autobiographical writing (writing about ones leisure time activities, hometown, etc.);
Grammar - Prepositions - Reference words - Wh-questions - Tenses (Simple); Vocabulary Word formation - Word expansion (root words / etymology); E-materials - Interactive exercises for Grammar & Vocabulary - Reading comprehension exercises - Listening to audio files and answering questions.

UNIT II
Listening - Listening and responding to video lectures / talks; Speaking - Describing a simple process (filling a form, etc.) - Asking and answering questions - Telephone skills Telephone etiquette; Reading Critical reading - Finding key information in a given text - Sifting facts from opinions; Writing - Biographical writing (place, people) - Process descriptions (general/specific) - Definitions - Recommendations Instructions; Grammar - Use of imperatives - Subject-verb agreement; Vocabulary - Compound words - Word Association (connotation); E-materials - Interactive exercises for Grammar and Vocabulary - Listening exercises with sample telephone conversations / lectures Picture-based activities.

UNIT III
Listening - Listening to specific task - focused audio tracks; Speaking - Role-play Simulation - Group interaction - Speaking in formal situations (teachers, officials, foreigners); Reading Reading and interpreting visual material; Writing - Jumbled sentences - Coherence and cohesion in writing - Channel conversion (flowchart into process) - Types of paragraph (cause and effect / compare and contrast / narrative / analytical) - Informal writing (letter/e-mail/blogs) - Paraphrasing; Grammar Tenses (Past) - Use of sequence words - Adjectives; Vocabulary - Different forms and uses of words, Cause and effect words; E-materials - Interactive exercises for Grammar and Vocabulary - Excerpts from films related to the theme and follow up exercises - Pictures of flow charts and tables for interpretations.

UNIT IV
Listening - Watching videos / documentaries and responding to questions based on them; Speaking - Responding to questions - Different forms of interviews - Speaking at different types of interviews; Reading - Making inference from the reading passage - Predicting the content of a reading passage; Writing - Interpreting visual materials (line graphs, pie charts etc.) - Essay writing Different types of essays; Grammar - Adverbs Tenses future time reference; Vocabulary - Single word substitutes - Use of abbreviations and acronyms; E-materials - Interactive exercises for Grammar and Vocabulary - Sample interviews - film scenes - dialogue writing.

Syllabus -Technical English I under B Tech Semester I Program Anna University

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in