2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

15th July 2018, 06:17 PM
Unregistered

Re: TE IT Syllabus Solapur University

Hii sir, I Wants to get the Syllabus of the Subject Operating System Concepts of
T.E. (computer science & engineering) of Solapur University ?
15th July 2018, 06:18 PM
Super Moderator

Re: TE IT Syllabus Solapur University

University of Solapur is a state university located in Solapur, Maharashtra, India. Formerly a It was postgraduate centre of Shivaji University, it was established in 2004

The Syllabus of the Operating System Concepts of T.E. (computer science & engineering) of Solapur University is given below

1. OPEERATING SYSTEM CONCEPTS

Unit 1: Introduction
Operating system definition, Simple Batch System, Multi programmed Batch System, TimeSharing System, Personal Computer System, Parallel System, Real Time System, and System Calls.

Unit 2: Process
Process Concept, Process Scheduling, Operation on process, Cooperating process, Threads,Interprocess Communication.

Unit 3: Process Scheduling (6 Hrs.)
Basic concept, Scheduling Criteria, Scheduling Algorithms, Multiple processor scheduling, Real time scheduling (Algorithms evaluation).

Unit 4: Interprocess synchronization (5 Hrs.)
Background, The critical section problem, Synchronization Hardware, Semaphores, Classical problems of synchronization, Monitors.

SECTION II
Unit 5: Deadlocks (7 Hrs.)
System model, Deadlock characterization, Methods for handling deadlocks, Deadlock
prevention, Deadlock avoidance, Deadlock detection, Recovery from deadlock, combined approach to deadlock.

Unit 6: Memory Management (6 Hrs.)
Background, Logical Versus Physical Address space, Swapping, Contiguous Allocation, Paging, Segmentation, Segmentation with paging.

Unit 7: Virtual Memory (5 Hrs.)
Background, Demand paging, Page replacement, Page replacement algorithms, Allocation of frames, thrashing (Only concept).

Unit 8: I/O system (4 Hrs.)
Overview, I/O hardware, Application I/O interface, Kernel I/O subsystem, Transforming I/O request to hardware operation.

For more Information you may Contact to the Solapur University the contact details Are given below

Contact Details
Solapur University
Address: Solapur Pune National Highway, Kegaon, Solapur, Maharashtra 413255
Phone: 0217 274 4770

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in