2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

4th August 2012, 09:29 AM
manjari palivela

TATA Institute of Social Sciences Mumbai

I want to know about TATA Institute of Social Sciences Mumbai so tell me which type of courses are available in this institute and also provide me details related to admission, facilities and faculties so provide me all details threw a trusted webpage?
Similar Threads
Thread
Tata Institute Of Social Sciences Mumbai Jobs
Give an account of Tata Institute Of Social Sciences Tata Institute Of Social Science
Tata Institute of Social Sciences Deonar Mumbai-88
Tata Institute of Social Sciences Deonar Mumbai
Diploma In Counselling Course In Mumbai Tata Institute Of Social Sciences Tiss
Courses Offered By Tata Institute Of Social Sciences Mumbai
Tata Institute Of Social Sciences Mumbai Courses Offered
Tata Institute Of Social Sciences Mumbai- M.A/M.Sc In Disaster Management
Tata Institute Of Social Sciences Mumbai Phd
Tata Institute Of Social Sciences Chennai Tata Institute Of Social Sciences Chembur M
Tata Institute Of Social Sciences In Mumbai
Tata Institute of Social Sciences Mumbai Mumbai
Tata institute of social sciences Chembur Mumbai certificate course
TATA Institute of Social Sciences TISS Mumbai MBA
Address of Tata institute of social sciences Mumbai
Tata Institute Of Social Sciences Chembur Mumbai
How to Reach Tata Institute of Social Sciences Mumbai
Tata Institute Of Social Sciences Mumbai Courses
Tata Institute of Social Sciences Mumbai - M A in Social Entrepreneurship
Tata Institute of social sciences Mumbai Maharashtra
22nd May 2015, 02:37 PM
Unregistered

Tata Institute Of Social Sciences Mumbai

I want to do Ph.D. course from the Tata Institute Of Social Sciences Mumbai so please give me some details about the admission procedure of it? What is the eligibility required to get admission? Is there any entrance exam for admission in Ph.D. course or there is direct admission?
3rd November 2015, 11:49 AM
Unregistered

Re: TATA Institute of Social Sciences Mumbai

I would like to know the courses offered at the Tata Institute of Social Sciences, Mumbai as my sister want to enrol in it?
3rd November 2015, 11:50 AM
Super Moderator

Tata Institute of Social Sciences is a social sciences institute with its main campus based in Mumbai, India. TISS also operates out of campuses in Hyderabad, Guwahati and Tuljapur.

M. Phil & P.hD Courses at Mumbai Campus:

Social Sciences
Advanced Centre for Women's Studies
Centre for Study of Social Exclusion and Inclusive Policy
School of Health System Studies
School of Development Studies
Jamsetji Tata Centre for Disaster Management
School of Habitat Studies
School of Management and Labour Studies
School of Social Work
School of Education
School of Media and Cultural Studies

M.A Courses at Mumbai Campus:

School of Social Work
School of Management and Labour Studies
School of Health Systems Studies
School of Development Studies
School of Education
School of Habitat Studies
Jamsetji Tata School of Disaster Management
School of Human Ecology
School of Media and Cultural Studies
Centre for Library and Information Management Studies, Sir Dorabji Tata Memorial Library
School of Law, Rights and Constitutional Governance

Short term Course at Mumbai Campus:

Executive Postgraduate Diploma in Human Resources Management

Instructions for Determining Eligibility to Apply:

( i ) ' Pass Class' in the Bachelor's Degree pursued by the applicant will be taken for determining his/her eligibility.

( ii ) applicant who are in the final year of their Bachelor's Degree programme, but have not passed in all the courses ( main/major/subsidiary, etc.) of the first and second years ( if the Degree is of 3 years duration) and first, second and third years (if the Degree is of 4 years duration) on the day of applying for the programme are not eligible to apply for any of the Master's Degree programmes offered by the Institute.

( iii ) applicant who have been declared as failed in the final year examination are not eligible to apply for any of the Master's Degree Programmes of the Institute, unless they pass their Bachelor's Degree examination on the day of applying for any of the programmes.

( iv) Eligibility, once determined on the basis of the information given by the applicant in the Application Form, shall be final for the purpose of test/interview/selection. However, in case it is found that the information furnished by a candidate is incorrect or misleading or ineligibility being detected before or after the test/interview/selection/admission, his/her candidature will be cancelled.

( v ) If a provisionally admitted student fails in the final year of his/her Bachelor's Degree Examination and even if he/she has re-evaluation at the university/college, he/she will not be allowed to continue the programme as the offer of provisional admission stands automatically cancelled on his/her failure in the final year examination.

**GENERAL ELIGIBILITY:

a) applicant having a bachelor's degree with minimum of 3 years duration or its equivalent ( under the 10+2+3 or 10+2+4 or 10+2+2+1 year bridge course pattern of study or any other pattern fulfilling the mandatory requirements of 15 years formal education) from a recognized university are eligible to apply

b) At the time of applying applicant studying in 3 year degree programme should have passed in all the subjects for the 1st to 4th semesters and applicant studying in 4 year degree progrmmes should have passed in all the subjects for 1st to 6th semester.

c) Only those applicants who will be able to complete all the requirements of their final year Bachelor's Degree examinations by Saturday, June 11, 2016 are eligible to apply to the entire programme.

Till the time the applicant submits results of the final year degree examination, admission to any of the Master's Degree Programmes of the Institute will be provisional. The results of the final examination have to be submitted before September 30, 2016. Those who fail to do so the provisional admission stands
cancelled.

Please find a file attached for the programme wise eligibility criteria for TISS.

Address:

V N Purav Marg,
Opposite the Deonar Bus Depot,
Mumbai, Maharashtra 400088
Phone: 022 2552 5000
Attached Files
File Type: doc Programme Specific Eligibility.doc (97.0 KB, 61 views)
15th December 2015, 08:26 AM
Unregistered

I would like to pursue the MA in Social Entrepreneurship from Tata Institute of Social Sciences Mumbai so I need the eligibility criteria?
15th December 2015, 08:27 AM
Super Moderator

The field of Social Entrepreneurship which has developed very rapidly in recent years, leveraging awareness of business management and entrepreneurial skills to solve problems related of society and the environment.

The intake for the course is 30 seats.

Eligibility for the course:

a) Programme requires the completion of Bachelor's Degree of minimum of 3 years duration or its corresponding (under the 10+2+3 or 10+2+4 or 10+2+2+1 year connection course pattern of study or any other pattern satisfying the mandatory requirements of 15 years formal education) from a documented university, in any discipline.

b) At the time of applying aspirants studying in 3 year degree progremme should have qualified in all the subjects for the 1st to 4th semesters and aspirants studying in 4 year degree progrmmes should have qualified in all the subjects for 1st to 6th semester.

c) Only those aspirants who will be able to complete all the requirements of their final year Bachelor's Degree examinations are eligible to apply to all the programme.

Till the time the aspirants submit results of the final year degree examination, admission to any of the Master's Degree Programmes of the Institute will be temporary. Those who fall short to do so the provisional admission stands cancelled.

There are three major dimensions and components of this programme: (i) social context, (ii) entrepreneurship skills, and (iii) management tools.
A designed mix of all the three in each Semester and the overall objectives of the programme are as follows:
Understanding
Context and
Ideation on
Problem
Designing
Experiment for
Social Problem
Solving
Consolidation
Venture Planning
Venture Start Up
Address: