2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

14th March 2016, 06:24 PM
Unregistered

Re: Tata institute of social sciences history

Hello sir, I am Vivek. I am from Mumbai. I want you to help me by providing me the information about the Tata institute of social sciences history and also give its contact details?
14th March 2016, 06:24 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Tata institute of social sciences history

Tata Institute of Social Sciences and History is a type of public social science institute.
It was established in the year 1936.
It is located in Mumbai, Maharashtra, India.
It is affiliated by UGC, NAAC.
It was formed in 1936, as the Dorabji Tata Graduate School of Social Work, the first school of social work in India.
It was retitled to its current name in 1944.
It was recognized as a Deemed University in 1964 by the UGC of India.

It started out as a small institute offering a PG diploma in Social Work, but has since extended continuously in terms of educational programmes and infrastructure.
The first director of the institute was Dr. Clifford Manshardt, who targeted to establish a post-graduate social work school of national stature that would engage in a continuous study of Indian social issues and create meaningful involvements.

Over the years, the Institute has, amongst other thrusts, made an important contribution to policy, planning, action strategies and human resource development.
It has done so in numerous areas, ranging from sustainable rural and urban development to education, health, communal harmony, human rights and industrial relations.

It has received recognition as an institution of repute from different Ministries of the Government of India and various State Governments, as well as international agencies such as the United Nations, and the non-government sector, both national and international.

Postal Address:
V.N. Purav Marg, Deonar, Mumbai 400088
Telephone Nos.
91-22-2552 5000
Fax
91-22-2552 5050

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in