2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

4th August 2015, 02:24 PM
Unregistered

Syllabus of PGDCA in GNDU

What are the eligibility conditions required to meet to apply for the PGDCA course offered at Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar (Punjab) ? Also provide the PGDCA Syllabus ?
Similar Threads
Thread
PRSU PGDCA Syllabus
PGDCA Syllabus CVRU
CVRU PGDCA Syllabus
MDU PGDCA Syllabus
Syllabus PGDCA PRSU
Subjects Of PGDCA In GNDU
VMOU PGDCA Syllabus
Syllabus of PGDCA MMYVV
LBS PGDCA Syllabus
PGDCA Syllabus RMLAU
KSOU PGDCA Syllabus
PGDCA Syllabus Of MDU
GNDU Syllabus PGDCA
PGDCA syllabus MLSU
MMYVV PGDCA Syllabus
Shridhar University PGDCA Syllabus
PGDCA Syllabus HP University
PGDCA Course Syllabus PTU
JNU Jaipur PGDCA Syllabus
PGDCA Syllabus
4th August 2015, 05:03 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Syllabus of PGDCA in GNDU

Guru Nanak Dev University was established in the year 1969 .It is located at Amritsar, Punjab, India and affiliated to UGC.

It provides Post graduate diploma in Computer applications (P.G.D.C.A.) course .

Eligibility Criteria :

Any graduate under 10+2+3 system with atleast 45% marks in aggregate may be admitted to this course.

Paper Paper Name
Paper-I PC Computing-I (MS Office) 2003

Paper-II PC Computing-II (Professional DTP)

Paper-III Introduction to Scripting Languages,
Web Designing & Uses of Internet

Paper-IV Database Management System through
Oracle-10g & System Analysis & Design

Paper-V Network Concepts and Management
(Hardware, Software, setting in LINUX/UNIX/NT environment

Paper-VI Programming in C

Paper-VIIFundamentals of Computer & Operating
Systems

Paper-VIII Optional

List of Optional Papers

Option (i) : Programming in Visual Basic with Active X

Option (ii) : e-Commerce / Business

Option (iii) : Multimedia System

Option (iv) : Installation and Maintenance of Computer System

For detailed syllabus , here is the attachment

GNDU PGDCA Syllabus

Attached Files
File Type: pdf GNDU PGDCA Syllabus.pdf (86.7 KB, 541 views)
26th November 2019, 10:16 AM
Unregistered

Can you provide me the syllabus of Post Graduate Diploma in Computer Applications (P.G.D.C.A.) Program offered by Faculty of Engineering & Technology of Guru Nanak Dev University?
26th November 2019, 10:17 AM
Super Moderator

The syllabus of Post Graduate Diploma in Computer Applications (P.G.D.C.A.) Program offered by Faculty of Engineering & Technology of Guru Nanak Dev University is as follows:

SEMESTER – I

PAPER–I: PC COMPUTING-I (MS Office) 2003

Time: 3 Hrs. Max. Marks: 100

Theory: 50

Practical: 50

UNIT I
MS-Word: Introduction to Ms-Office, Ms-Access, Ms Excel. Parts of window of word (Title bar, menu bar, status bar, ruler) , Creation of new documents, opening document ,insert a document into another document. Page setup, margins, gutters, font properties, A!ignment, page breaks, header footer deleting ,moving, replace, editing text in document. Saving a document, spell checker, printing a document. Creating a table, entering and editing, Text in tables. Changing format of table, height width of row or column Editing, deleting Rows, columns in table. Borders, shading, Templates, wizards, Drawing objects, mail merge

UNIT II
MS-Power Point: Introduction to Ms power point. Power point elements (templates wizard
Views, color schemes ,Exploring power point menu (opening & closing menus, working With dialogues boxes), adding text, adding title, moving text area, resizing text Boxes, adding pictures.
Starting a new slide, saving presentation, printing slides .Views (slide View slide sorter, notes view, outline view) .Formatting & enhancing text formatting, Choosing transitions. Creating a graph, displaying slide show, adding multimedia .Slide transitions Timing slide display adding movies & sounds Using a pick look Wizards to change format.

UNIT III
MS-Excel: Introduction to Worksheet/Spreads, Features of excel. Describe the excel Window, different functions on different data in excel, creation of graphs, editing it and formatting, changing chart type to 2d chart or 3d chart, creation of worksheet, adding, deleting, moving the text in worksheet, linking different sheets, sorting the data, querying the data, filtering the data (auto and advance filters), What-if analysis, printing a worksheet.
MS-Access: Introduction, Understanding Databases. Creating the tables. entering records in table, deleting table, modifying table fields, linking tables, Queries. Forms, formatting forms, relating a form to tables, Reports(building reports, formatting report. displaying the information of table using reports Adding Graphs to your reports.

References:
1. PC Computing by R.K. Taxali. 2. PC Software by Rachpal Singh & Gurinder Singh.

Syllabus P.G.D.C.A. Guru Nanak Dev University

Attached Files
File Type: pdf Syllabus P.G.D.C.A. Guru Nanak Dev University.pdf (95.6 KB, 132 views)

Last edited by sumit; 26th November 2019 at 10:19 AM.

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in