2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

7th November 2015, 04:28 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Syllabus of Nagpur University Engineering

As you want to get the syllabus of BE Civil Engineering of Rashtrasant Tukadoji Maharaj Nagpur University so here is the information of the same for you:

Semester 1:
Applied Mathematics – I (BESI-1):
UNIT- I: Differential Calculus:
Successive Differentiation, Taylor‟s & Maclaurin‟s series for one variable, indeterminate forms, Curvature and Radius of curvature, Circle of Curvature.

UNIT- II: Partial Differentiation:
Functions of several variables, First and Higher order derivatives, Euler‟s theorem , Chain rule and total differential coefficient, Jaccobians, Taylor‟s & Maclaurin‟s series for two variables, Maxima & Minima of functions of two variables, Langrage‟s method of undetermined multipliers.

UNIT - III: Matrices:
Matrix, Inverse of Matrix by adjoint method, Inverse by Partitioning method, Solution of system of linear equations, Rank of Matrix, Consistency of linear system of equations

UNIT - IV: First Order Differential Equations:
First order & first degree differential equations: Linear, Reducible to linear & Exact differential equations (excluding the case of I. F.).
First order& higher degree differential equations
Application of First order& first degree differential equations to simple electrical circuits

UNIT - V: Higher Order Differential Equations:
Higher order differential equations with constant coefficients, P. I. by method of Variation of parameters, Cauchy„s & Legendres‟s homogeneous differential equations, Simultaneous differential equations

UNIT - VI: Complex Numbers:
Cartesian & Polar forms of Complex Numbers, Geometrical representation of fundamental operations on complex numbers, De Moivre‟s theorem, Hyperbolic functions and their inverse, Logarithm of complex number, Separation of real and imaginary parts.

Books Recommended:
1. Higher Engineering Mathematics by B. S. Grewal
2. Applied Mathematics Volume I & II, by J. N. Wartikar
3. Textbook of Engineering Mathematics by Bali, Iyenger (Laxmi Prakashan)

Engineering Physics (BESI-2T):
Unit - I: Quantum Mechanics:

Plank‟s Hypothesis, Properties of Photons, Compton Effect ,Wave – particle duality, De-Broglie Hypothesis, Matter Waves ,Davisson - Germer Experiment; Bohr‟s Quantization condition.

Unit - II: Wave Packet & Wave Equations:
Concept of Group and phase velocities, Wave packet, Heisenberg‟s uncertainty principle, Thought experiment on single slit electron diffraction, Wave function and its probability interpretation, Schrödinger‟s Time dependent & time independent equations, Solution of Schrödinger‟s equation for one dimensional infinite potential well, Barrier Tunneling.

Unit - III: Crystal Structure:
Crystal structure, Meaning of lattice and basis, Unit cell: primitive and non primitive unit cell; Cubic crystal structure: Body and Face centered cubic structures, SC, BCC and FCC unit cells. Unit cell characteristics: Effective number of atoms per unit cell, atomic radius, nearest neighbor distance, coordination number, atomic packing fraction, void space, density; Crystal planes and Miller indices, Inter-planar distance between adjacent planes, Bragg‟s law of X-ray diffraction, Tetrahedral and octahedral voids

Unit - IV: Semiconductor Physics:
Qualitative idea on the formation of electron energy bands in solids, Band-theory based classification of solids into insulators, semiconductors and conductors, Fermi-Dirac distribution
Function, Intrinsic semiconductors: Germanium and silicon; Fermi- energy, Typical energy band diagram of an intrinsic semi-conductor, Doping and Extrinsic semiconductors, Current conduction in semiconductors.

PN- junction diode; Unbiased, Forward baised & Reverse biased mode with Energy band diagram reference, Diode rectifier equation, Bipolar Transistor action, Hall effect, Hall coefficient & Hall Angle, V-I characteristics of i) Tunnel diode, ii) Zener diode iii) LED.

Books Recommended:
Text Books:
 Fundamentals of Physics: David Halliday, Robert Resnick and Jerle Walker, (John-Wiley India, 8e, extended)
 Electronic Engineering Materials and Devices: John Allision, (TMH edition, 10th reprint)
 Engineering Physics:M. N. Avadhanulu, (S. Chand & Co.)
 Concepts of Modern Physics: Baiser (Tata McGraw Hill).

Reference Books:
 University Physics:Young and Freedman(Pearson Education)
 Solid State Physics: C. Kittel
 Solid State Physics: R.L. Singhal
 Quantum Mechanics: Schiff

For more detailed information I am uploading 5 PDF files which are free to download:

Contact Details:
Rashtrasant Tukadoji Maharaj Nagpur University
Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Administrative Premises,
Ravindranath Tagore Marg,
Nagpur,
Maharashtra 440001
India

Map Location:
[MAP]Rashtrasant Tukadoji Maharaj Nagpur University Maharashtra[/MAP]

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in