2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

7th September 2012, 09:34 AM
Super Moderator

Re: Syllabus M.Sc in Biochemistry in AIIMS

You are looking for the AIIMS M.Sc Biotechnology courses syllabus, here I am attaching a file, from where you can download the syllabus, the PDF contains the M.Sc syllabus, in given below specialization:

Anatomy
Biochemistry
Biophysics
Pharmacology
Physiology
M Biotech (Master of Biotechnology)
Perfusion Technology (CTVS)
Nuclear Medicine Technology
Urology Technology

For the rest of syllabus, here is the attachment:
Attached Files
File Type: pdf AIIMS M.Sc Bio Syllabus.pdf (185.6 KB, 726 views)
27th December 2016, 04:19 PM
Unregistered

plz give the sllybus for msc entrance ...i cannt able to find
6th January 2019, 04:15 PM
Unregistered

what is the required syllabus for aiims msc biochemistry entrance examination
17th September 2019, 08:40 AM
Unregistered

Hi buddy here i am looking for AIIMS(All India Institute of Medical Sciences) M.Sc in Biochemistry syllabus so will you plz let me know from where i can collect it ??
17th September 2019, 08:43 AM
Super Moderator

As you are asking for AIIMS(All India Institute of Medical Sciences) M.Sc in Biochemistry syllabus so on your demand i am providing same here :

A. Theory
1. Tutorials: will be held for 1 hour duration, at least twice a month. The objective is to provide an
opportunity to the students to have interaction with the teachers and gain maximum coordinated
information on the subject.

2. Seminars: will be held once a month. The topics will be chosen from the latest advances in the
subject and also from areas of general biological / biochemical interest. One student will take up a
topic for one seminar, prepare and speak on it. Presentation and discussion will be for 1 hour. By
this exercise, the students will know the advanced developments in the fields & also learn, comprehend
and explain the information they have obtained.
3. Journal club: To develop a) skills of analysis, evaluation and presentation of research papers b)
familiarity with approaches and methodologies of research and c) to update on new development/
emerging trends in biochemistry.
4. Invited lectures: to gain access to recent work by an expert in an area and opportunity for free
interactions with scientists of eminence.
5. Relevant lectures in biotechnology

B. Practicals
Core- Biochemistry.
These will include some of the Biochemistry practicals from the undergraduate course.
Advanced practicals- Biochemistry, cell biology, molecular biology, immunology.
Some of the biochemistry practicals from the undergraduate course and from cell biology and immunology.
Students will attend this weekly biochemistry practicals. Other practicals will be arranged in the Deptt.
laboratories.
Advanced : Biochemistry, cell biology, molecular biology, immunology.
1. Study of the cell (i) Cell culture, lymphocyte isolation & culture, growth rate studies, staining
techniques (ii) Cell fractionation, homogenization of the tissue, centrifugation, marker enzyme assays
(iii) Microscopy and microphotography.
2. Quantitative assays (i) Enzyme assays (ii) RIA (iii) ELISA iv) DNA, RNA & proteins
3. Protein fractionation (i) Salting in and out, gel filtration, electrophoretic separation (ii) Gel
filtration affinity based techniques (iii) SDS-PAGE (iv) Electrophoretic separation of LDH isoenzymes
4. Enzymology purification of enzyme & its kinetics
5. DNA (i) Genomic and plasmid DNA isolation (ii) Restriction enzyme digestion (iii) Electrophoresis
(iv) PCR (v) RT-PCR
6. Southern blotting
7. Western blotting
8. Tissue culture
9. Absorption & fluorescence spectroscopy
10. Chromatographic techniques HPLC, Gel filtration, ion exchange, affinity chromatography
These practicals will give an exposure to the students on the basic techniques as well as advanced
techniques. A researcher uses in his/her studies

C. Thesis
A small topic based on-going work will well established / standardized parameters.

Oral examination
1. Thesis work presentation and discussion.
2. General viva voce and practical bench viva.
Paper I: Essentials of biochemistry and advances in intermediary metabolism. Duration- 3 hrs, Marks100.
(Section 1)
Paper II: Nutrition, vitamins, hormones and immunology. Duration- 3 hrs, Marks-100.
(Section 2)
Paper III: Molecular biology, Biostatistics, Clinical Biochemistry and techniques in Biochemistry. Duration3 hrs, Marks-100.
(Section 3)
Practicals: Duration- 2 days, Marks-300.

AIIMS(All India Institute of Medical Sciences) M.Sc in Biochemistry syllabus

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in