2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

15th November 2014, 03:41 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Steps To Become Lecturer

After M.Com you can give NET exam and further you can pursue your PhD for lecturership.

The eligibility test for lecturers, National Eligibility Test is taken by UGC, CSIR or similar tests accredited by the UGC.

The State level test is for appointments within the state.

The promotion is depends on performance, duration of service, and research publications.

Eligibility require is a good academic record with at least 55% or an equivalent grade at master's degree level in the relevant subject from an Indian University.

However there is no age limit for lecturership or even to do a PhD.
26th May 2015, 12:51 PM
Unregistered

I want to become a government college lecturer? Can you please provide me Steps to Become Lecturer? Also provide me its eligibility?
26th May 2015, 12:52 PM
Super Moderator

As you say that you want to become a government college lecturer. Here I am providing you the basic eligibility required for the government college lecturer. This is as follows:

Educational Qualification

To be eligible to be a lecturer one should hold at least a Master’s Degree in any of the relevant subject with at least 55% marks in it. Higher qualifications are always preferred.

Here I am also providing you some steps for become lecturer. The candidate has to follow below given steps to become a Lecturer:

1. The candidate has to appear in UGC-NET exam which is held twice a year and pass it. This is the only hurdle to be cleared to be eligible to get a job as a lecturer in a college.

2. After clearing UGC-NET exam one is eligible for applying as a lecturer in any collage affiliated with any of the university recognized by UGC in India.

Lecturer Salary

Lecturer can expect as many as Rs. 20,000 to Rs. 25,000 per month to start with and go up to Rs. 50,000 with experience and promotions.

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in