2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

30th October 2014, 08:24 AM
Super Moderator

Re: SSLC question papers

As you want the question paper of SSLC so here I am provide you question paper of SSLC

SSLC exam Paper Pattern:

Each paper carry 100 marks only First language paper carry 125 marks.
The duration of exam is 3 hour and extra 15 minutes for reading papers and instructions.
In each paper first 20 are multiple choice question carry one marks each
Next 10 questions also carry one mark each but here is no choices in answer these are fill in blanks type question. Remaining question is descriptive or theoretical question they carry marks according there wattage.
16th December 2014, 12:58 PM
Unregistered

SSLC Question Papers

I am looking for Model question papers or previous years question papers for SSLC Exam for preparation so please provide me the same?
16th December 2014, 04:19 PM
Super Moderator

Re: SSLC Question Papers

The SSLC (Secondary School Leaving Certificate) is a certification obtained by a student on successful completion of an examination at the end of study at the secondary schooling level in India.

Here I am providing you previous years question papers for SSLC Exam for preparation of exam.
SSLC Question Paper 1

more paper detail to atteched paper1 and 2 are pdf file..............
Attached Files
File Type: pdf SSLC Question Paper 1.pdf (2.40 MB, 112 views)
File Type: pdf SSLC Question Paper 2.pdf (2.76 MB, 160 views)
19th September 2019, 09:22 AM
Unregistered

Hi buddy here I am looking for Kerala SSLC English Model Question Papers with Answers , so will you plz provide me same here as my cousin asking me for the same here ??
19th September 2019, 09:24 AM
Super Moderator

As you want here I am giving bellow Kerala SSLC English Model Question Papers with Answers on your demand :

Question 1.
What did Martha hear when she reached near her class?

Question 2.
Why did she come back to her class?

Question 3.
Who were there in the class?

Question 4.
What was the subject of their discussion?

Question 5.
Find out the word from the passage which means -writing on the wall.

Question 6.
How did the argument affect Martha?

Questions 7-10: Read the liners from -AGirlss Garden and answer the questions that follow. Each question carries one sscores. 1 - 4 = 4

It was not enough of a garden
Her father said, to plow;
So she had to worked it all by hand.
But she doesnt mind now.

She wheeled the dung in a wheelbarrow
Along with a stretch of road;
But she always ran away and left
Her notice load.

Question 7.
Why was it -not enough of a garden according to her father?

Question 8.
How did she -plow the garden?

Question 9.
What was the notice load referred to in the poem? ,

Question 10.
Write the rhyme scheme of the first stanza given below.

Question 11.
Read the lines from the song by Bob Dylan and attempt a brief appreciation, focussing on the theme and the poetic devices used by the author. 5

How many roads must a man walk down
Before you call him a man?
How many seas must a white dove sail
Before she sleeps in the sand?
Yes, and how many times must the cannon balls fly
Before theyre forever banned?
The answer, my friend, is blowin in the wind
The answer is blowin in the wind.

Questions 12-16: Read the following story and answer the questions given. Each question carries one score.
1 - 5 = 5
-Fire! Fire! What terrible words! I woke up in the middle of the night! It was a large, old wooden house and my room was on the top floor. I jumped out of bed, opened the door and stepped out into the passage.
I began to run. Instead of going towards the stairs. I went in the opposite direction. The smoke grew thicker and I could see flames all around. The floor became hot under my bare feet. I found an open door and ran into a room. But before I could reach it, one of my feet caught in something soft and I fell. The thing I had fallen over felt like a bundle of clothes. I picked it up to protect my face from the smoke and heat, use the floor under me gave way. I crashed to the floor below with pieces of burning wood all around me.
I saw a flaming doorway in from of me. My feet burned terribly. As I reached the cold air outside, the bundle gave a thin cry. I nearly dropped it in surprise. I saw a woman screaming. She came running madly towards me.
-My baby! My baby! she cried. The Crowd assembled cheered wildly as she took the baby out of my arms. I saved her baby. I became a hero!

Question 12.
What made the narrator wake up from his sleep?

Question 13.
- The floor became hot.- How could he feel it easily?

Question 14.
How did the narrator protect his face?

Question 15.
Why was the narrator surprised?

Question 16.
- I became a hero!- Why did the narrator say so?

Question 17-21: Given below is the menu card of a hotel. Study it carefully and answer the questions given. Each question carries one score. 1 - 5 = 5
Hotel Tamarind shade
Sl.No. Item Price
1 Tea 10.00
2 Coffee 20.00
3 Meals (Veg) 60.00
4. Fish Curry Meals 80.00
5. Masala Dosa 50.00
6. Wheat Porotta 15.00
7. Chicken (Garlic) 250.00
8. Chicken (Chilly) 225.00
9. Chicken Biriyani 125.00
10. Fish Biriyani 150.00
11. Aloo Gobi 75.00
12. Paneer Butter Masala 150.00
Question 17.
Which is the most e-pensive item on the menu card?

Question 18.
What is the price charged for Masala Dosa?

Question 19.
A vegetarian customer decides to buy an item that costs 150 rupees. Which item can be bought?

Question 20.
Which two items have the same price on the menu card?

Question 21.
Pick out the item which is costlier than Aloo Gobi and cheaper than Chicken Biriyani

Questions 22-23: Answer any one of the following in about 120 words. 7 - 1 = 7

Question 22.
The sufferings Vanka went through at the shoemakers house were beyond words. Briefly narrate Vankas sufferings and his attempt to escape
from the place.
(Hints: grandfather sends Vanka to the shoemaker his master and mistress treats Vanka cruelly does not get food and clothes remembers Iris good old days writes an Itter to grandfather)

Question 23.
-Even we understood that he must go-, say the children in the story -Adolf. Narrate the events that led them to think so.
(Hints: Father brings the wild rabbit children are delighted mother gets angry its life is in danger efforts to nurse it wild nature of the rabbit decides to send it back to wilderness)

Questions 24-26: Attempt any two of the following. Each question carries five scores 5 - 2=10

Question 24.
Mr.ohn.S. easily recognizes. A.Cronin when he meets him on the deck of the ship. But Cronin cannot recognize ohn. What would Mr.ohn write if he made an entry in his diary on the events of the day? Write the likely diary entry.

Question 25.
The English Club of your school has decided to conduct a -Satyait Ray Film Festival. You have decided to screen -Pather Panchali. -Apur Sansar and -Aparaito in the festival. Draft a notice for the function. You may also include the details of the inauguration ceremony.

Question 26.
Imagine that you meet the homeopath after he has changed his stay from the rented house where he had encountered the snake. Write the likely conversation between the homeopath and you. (Write at least five e-changes)

Question 27-31: Attempt any three of the following. Each question carries si- scores 6 - 3 = 18

Question 27.
Prepare a short profile of William Blake using the hings given below.
Nationality: English
Birth: November 28, 1757, London
Famous as: Poet, painter, and engraver
Important works: Songs of Innocence and Songs of E-perience, The Marriage of Eleven and Hell
Literary movement: Romanticism
Died: August 12, 1827 (aged 69)

Question 28.
Imagine that Satyait Ray decides to write a letter to the manager of the Bharat Circus Company asking him to supply a tiger for the shooting of his film -Goopy Gyne Bagha Byne. What would he write? Draft the likely letter.

Question 29.
Attempt a character sketch of Martha, who finally won the Scholarship acket.

Question 30.
Write a paragraph on Chimamanda Ngozi Adichies e-perience in the United States of America during her stay there for her studies.

Question 31.
Imagine that your school team has won -A grade in the skit competition held at the District level school Kalolsavam. Prepare a news report on the achievement, giving relevant details.

Question 32.
Complete the following conversation suitably. 4
Ali: I want some potatoes
Akbar: You want tomatoes also, (a)?
Ali: (b)
Akbar: Si-ty five Toumans for a kilogram.
Ali: My mom said to put it on our account
Akbar: If you dont pay at least a part of it, (c)
Ali: (d)?
Akbar: No, I dont think that you will not pay. But I need some money urgently.
Ali: I will inform my mom.
Akbar: Thank you.

Question 33.
There are a few errors in the passage given below. They are underlined. Edit the passage making corrections. s 4
-My Childhood Days are (a) a recollection of Rabindranath Tagores boyhood e-periences. Tagore which (b) won the Nobel Prize for Literature in 1913 narrates the e-periences that shaped the writer in him. One day Tagore see (c) his elder brother starting off to school leave (d) him behind.

Question 34.
Report the following dialogue. 2
Cronin: Where are you taking me to?
The Sergeant: A man in the ne-t house has attempted to commit suicide.
(A) Cronin asked the sergeant
(B) The sergeant replied that

Question 35.
Supply the missing words in the passage given below, choosing from those given in
brackets. 4
The earthings hae reached a higher level (a) civilization. At this moment they may be launching (b) interplanetary attack. Notify this too(c)invasion fleet (d) to the Mighty Think Tank.
(a, an, the, and, of)

Question 36.
Complete the following passage choosing the appropirate phrasal verbs given in the bo-. 4
Kerala SSLC English Model Question Papers with Answers Paper 1 1Kerala SSLC English Model Question Papers with Answers Paper 1 1
go on, come across, set out, make out, put across
The two brothersaon a journey. They reached a forest and (b)a stone with an inscription on it. In the first attempt, they couldnt (c) what was written on it. The elder brother was not ready to.(d) with the journey as suggested in the inscription.

Question 37.
Identify the noun phrase and the head noun in the subect position of the sentence given below. 2
The big cobra that coiled around the doctors arm did not bite him.
(a) Noun phrase:
(b) Head noun:

Answers

Answer 1.
Martha heard voices raised in anger as if in some sort of argument.

Answer 2.
She came back to her class to take her PE shorts.

Answer 3.
Mr.Schmidt, Marthas history teacher and Mr. Boone her Maths teacher were in the class.

Answer 4.
The subect of their discussion was whether the Scholarship acket should be given to deserving Martha or to oann by falsifying the records.

Answer 5.
The word -graffiti means -writing on the wall.

Answer 6.
The argument heavily shocked Martha.

Answer 7.
The plot given to the girl alone was not enough of a garden. It should be prepared, plowed and fertilized by her own hands.

Answer 8.
She plowed the garden plot by her own hands.

Answer 9.
The dung to fertilize the garden plot was referred to as -notnice load.

Answer 10.
ABCB is the rhyme scheme of the first stanza.

Answer 11.
Blowin in the Wind a brief appreciation
These lines are from the poem -Blowin in the Wind by Bob Dylan. Bob Dylan is an American singer and songwriter. In this poem, the poet asks nine questions to which no specific answers are given or e-pected. Out of the nine questions, here there are three questions in these lines.

The poet asks first -how many roads must a man walk down before you call him a man?- He asks actually how much a man should e-perience in life or how long a man should endure in life before he is recognized as a human being. He asks, how many seas a white dove should cross before it can peacefully rest or sleep finally in the sand. White doves are a symbol of peace, and when we are going to get really the symbolized peace.

-How many times must the cannon balls fly before they are forever banned?- is a similar question. White doves and the banning of cannon balls are signals of the arrival of peace and end of wars and conflicts; but when will the symbolized peace be realized? The answers to all these questions are known to all and blowing in the wind. People need only open their eyes and ears to catch them.

These questions are the best e-ample of the literary device Rhetorical question. The poet talks about the answers which are available or known easily to whoever actually wants them. He keeps on asking questions and talks about answers repeating the same.

lines -the answer, my friend, is blowin in the wind, the answer is blowin in the wind- without actually answering, and making use of another poetic device Refrain.

Answer 12.
The loud and terrible cry of -fire! -, -fire! from someone made the narrator wake up from his sleep.

Answer 13.
He could feel the heat of the floor easily because his feet were bare.

Answer 14.
He fell down on a bundle of clothes with which he protected his face.

Answer 15.
The narrator was surprised to hear a thin cry from the bundle of clothes in his hands.

Answer 16.
Although it was a coincidence, the mother of the baby and the people assembled there thought that the narrator had risked his own life and saved the baby in a heroic effort. So they cheered much and made him a hero.

Answer 17.
Chicken Garlic is the most e-pensive item on the menu card.

Answer 18.
Rupees 50 is the price charged for Masala Dosa.

Answer 19.
He can buy Paneer Butter Masala.

Answer 20.
Fish Biriyani and Paneer Butter Masala have the same price on the menu card.

Answer 21.
Fish Curry Meals is the item which is costlier than Aloo Gobi and cheaper than Chicken Biriyani.

Answer 22.
VankaA Pitiful Orphan
The renowned Russian writer Anton Chekhovs story Vanka is a miserable story of a nine-year-old boy namely Vanka. By the death of his mother, he became an orphan and his grandfather sent him to Moscow to apprentice to a shoemaker Alyakhin. Under his master, he had to lead a miserable life which was worse than that of a dog. The master together with his wife. punished him severely for silly matters. The other apprentices also treated him cruelly. It had been only three months since he reached there. But the tortures he underwent were beyond description.

Saddened by the loneliness and miseries he e-perienced there, he decided to write a letter requesting his grandfather to come and save him. The nostalgic feelings of his oyful life with his mother and grandfather in the village, especially at the time of Christmas, doubled his mental pains. He had secretly made arrangements for writing a letter, and he wrote it when the others had gone to church on the Christmas eve. He imploringly wrote: -come to me dear Granddad and take me a>vay from here-. This single sentence is enough for the readers of the story to know about the plight of a child laborer like Vanka. The poor little child somehow completed writing the letter and ran out to post it. He even did not know the fact that a letter should have a proper address and enough postage stamps to reach it to the destination.

He posted it in the letterbo- and came back. He went to sleep lulled by the rosy thoughtsofhisgrandpacomingtohis rescue and dreamed of going to have his happy days once again in his village.

Answer 23.
Wild is ever wild
-Adolf is a very beautiful story of a wild little rabbit told by the renowned man of letters DH Lawrence. Once his father brought home a tiny rabbit. He found it in the field lying by the side of its dead mother and siblings. If he had not taken it home, it would have died there. They, the children at home, were Very much delighted but their mother was not so happy on the arrival of the rabbit.

In the beginning, it was motionless and refused to drink milk. But as days passed it became tamed and started growing mischievous. They named it Adolf and they loved him to take meals with them. He would take tea with them and sometimes hobble up to the sugarbasin. The mother kept an indifferent approach towards Adolf and always complained. She wanted it to be sent back to the woods. But day by day the children grew enchanted with it. For the mother, it was worse than having a child to look after when she was alone at home. She could not keep Adolf away from the front door and there were cats prowling outside. One day as part of his mischievous play he brought down the curtain rod over mothers beloved pelar gonium.

It was his own doom he brought for himself and a heartless wildness had come over him. They understood that he must go and they decided to send him back. Once again the father stowed him into the great pocket of the pitacket and took him back into the wilderness.

Answer 24.
Wed, 14 February 2018
10:30 pm
Today is really a fruitful day for me! Quite une-pectedly my 25 years search came to an end today. Dr. A Cronin, the savior of my life, the donor of my second God, Youve brought him in front of me! Its sad he couldnt recognize me in the beginning. I thought he wouldnt have ever forgotten me. Its okay, he recollected everything when I e-plained. Its been a quarter of a century since the incident happened.

He is a doctor and how many people and incidents in his life! Its my foolishness to e-pect him to recognize me at a single sight. Anyhow, he appreciated the changes happened in my life and he valued my present deeds. He also became very much glad to know that his efforts didnt go wastefully. Thank God once again, for showing the savior and mender of my life!

Answer 25.

Last edited by sumit; 19th September 2019 at 09:27 AM.

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in