2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Jobs

17th April 2015, 11:33 AM
Unregistered

SSC_Dis

I am using the Mac operating system in my pc and it is set in the SSC dis mode by default and I want to change its mode so can you tell me that how could I changed the SSC dis default mode in my lape?
1st September 2018, 08:00 AM
Unregistered

Re: SSC_Dis

Can you provide me the details for SSC_DIS Mode (Default) under WD SATA Hard Drive Quick Install Guide?
1st September 2018, 08:01 AM
Super Moderator

Re: SSC_Dis

The default setting for WD SATA hard drives varies depending on the model. To determine the default setting for drive, look at the drive label on the top of the drive.

Do not change the default setting if one intends to use the drive in a desktop computer. Change the jumper settings only if one intends to use the drive in an enterprise storage environment.

For more information on these advanced settings, obtain the full version WD SATA Installation Guide.
SSC_DIS Mode (Default) Enable or disable the spread spectrum clocking feature. Default setting is disabled.
OPT1 Only for factory use
OPT2 Only for factory use

Install the SATA Hard Drive

Connect the smaller connector on the WD SATA cable to the SATA connector on the motherboard or SATA controller card. If using a SATA controller card, be sure to follow the instructions that came with the card to install SATA host drivers.

Attach the larger end of the WD SATA cable directly to the SATA interface on the back of the WD drive as shown above. SATA connectors are keyed to ensure proper insertion. Also attach the legacy 4-pin power connector

Slide the hard drive into an available 3.5-inch drive bay and secure the drive with the four mounting screws (two on each side). For proper grounding, install the screws in the whole positions.

Verify all cable connections. Replace and secure the system cover. Reconnect the power cord and power up the computer.

If your WD SATA drive came with a Data Lifeguard Tools CD, see Set Up Your Hard Drive on the reverse side of this poster to set up new hard drive. If hard drive kit did not include a Data Lifeguard Tools CD, see Alternate Instructions for Installing a Drive on the reverse side of this poster.

For more details here i am giving link of WD SATA Hard Drive Quick Install Guide
ftp.techdata.cz/data/pdfs/en/1608782.pdf

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in