2023 2024 Student Forum

2023 2024 Student Forum (https://management.ind.in/forum/)
-   Main Forum (https://management.ind.in/forum/main-forum/)
-   -   SSC Recruitment for Section Officer (https://management.ind.in/forum/ssc-recruitment-section-officer-164236.html)

Unregistered 3rd June 2015 12:39 PM

SSC Recruitment for Section Officer

Is there any recruitment to the post of Section Officer announced by Staff Selection Commission as I want to apply for the post as I have completed my engineering this year? Will I get details of the recruitment for on the official website of SSC only?

Unregistered 9th November 2015 02:07 PM

Re: SSC Recruitment for Section Officer

I want to know about the Eligibility Criteria and syllabus of SSC Recruitment for Section Officer. So here can you provide me information about it?

Quick Sam 9th November 2015 02:08 PM

Re: SSC Recruitment for Section Officer

I have information about the Eligibility Criteria and syllabus of SSC Recruitment for Section Officer. So here I am telling you about it as you want.

Eligibility Criteria:
• Applicants should have completed graduation from the recognized University/ Institutes in any of these fields to be eligible for this Post:
. Commerce OR
. Institute of Costs and Works Accountancy (ICWA)
. Chartered Accountant
. Company Secretary ship
• Applicants must lie in age group of 18-27 years (age relaxation for SC/ST/OBC)

Nationality / Citizenship :
A applicants must be either :
(a) A citizen of India, or
(b) A subject of Nepal, or
(c) A subject of Bhutan, or
(d) A Tibetan refugee

Paper I ( Objective Type )

(a) General Awareness :

The test will also include questions relating to India and its neighbouring countries especially pertaining to History, Culture, Geography, Economic Scene, General Polity, Indian Constitution, Sports, Literature, Basics / fundamentals of Computers, Scientific Research, etc

(b) Arithmetical Ability :

questions on Number Systems, Computation of Whole Numbers, Decimals and Fractions and relationship between Numbers, Fundamental arithmetical operations, Percentages, Ratio and Proportion, Averages, Interest, Profit and Loss, Discount, use of Tables and Graphs, Mensuration, Time and Distance, Ratio and Time, Time and Work etc.

(c) English :

Questions based on error recognition, fill in the blanks ( using verbs, preposition, articles etc. ), Vocabulary, Spellings, Grammar, Sentence Structure, Synonyms, Antonyms, Sentence Completion, Phrases and Idiomatic use of Words, etc. There will be a question on passages and comprehension of a passage also.

Paper II ( Conventional )

Commerce :

This paper will cover all the subjects of B ( Commerce ) or similar Degree Course of Indian Universities. It will specifically include the following subjects :

i) Accountancy :

Conceptual framework, Income measurement, Final accounts, Accounting for partnership firms, Hire-purchase accounting, Corporate accounting ( Issue, forfeiture and re-issue of shares, Redemption of preference shares ).

ii) Business Organisations :

Business objectives, Business environment, Business entrepreneurship ( including location, choice of form of business and growth strategies ), Business operations including finance, production, marketing and human resource development.

iii) Management :

Concept of management, Planning, Organising, Leading and Controlling.

iv) Micro-Economics :

Price-mechanism, Theory of consumer behaviour, Elasticity of demand, Production function, Theory of costs, Market structures, Price-determination under perfect competition and monopoly.

v) Indian Economics :

Issues involved in planning for economic development, Sectoral analysis of Indian economy including agriculture, industry and foreign trade.

vi) Business Statistics :

Analysis of univariate data involving measurement of central tendency and dispersion, correlation and regression analysis, index numbers, analysis of time-series, Theory of probability.

vii) Business law :

Indian Contract Act, 1872, Sale of Goods Act, 1930, Partnership Act, 1932 and Negotiable Instruments Act, 1881.

viii) Company law :

Kinds of companies, matters involving incorporation of company, shares and share capital and matters relating to issue and transfer of shares, members of a company, management of a company, meetings and resolutions, winding up of a company, amalgamation of companies, latest improvements / amendments brought out in the Companies Act etc .

ix) Cost accounting :

Procedures involved in cost accounting, Marginal costing, Cost-volume profit analysis, Budgetary control, Standard costing.

x) Auditing : Meaning and objects of auditing, Types of audit, Audit process.

xi) Income Tax : Basic concepts, Residence and tax liability, heads of income.

xii) Marketing and advertisements : IT Patents, Trade Marks, Copy right laws, Intellectual Property Rights, W.T.O. etc.