2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

29th April 2016, 09:49 AM
Unregistered

Ssc kcl

Hello, I want to know the details of the Student Selected Components of the King's College London. Please provide me.
29th April 2016, 09:50 AM
Super Moderator

Re: Ssc kcl

Hello, here I am providing you the details of the Student Selected Components of the King's College London as under:

About the college:
King's College London is a public research university located in London, United Kingdom, and a constituent college of the federal University of London.

Student Selected Components (SSCs)
During the MBBS programme, in certain semesters or clinical attachments the equivalent to one day a week is set aside for study beyond the core curriculum, by way of Student Selected Components (SSCs).
SSCs are projects and short courses in medical, scientific and nonmedical subjects that each student can select, according to your personal interests.

SSC modules

There are over 1000 SSCs to choose from, representing a breadth of subject areas including arts and humanities.

Minimal access surgery – where students get insight and experience of the patient journey through the day surgery unit.

Medical humanities - encourages students to take a wider view of medicine, health and illness

Deaf awareness & British Sign Language – a taught module where students explore issues of communication in healthcare for deaf people and acquire a basic level of British Sign Language (BSL)

Disability and Medicine – explores the issues around disability theories as a diversity theme for both doctors and patients within the field of medical education and medical practice.

There are many more SSCs, including popular modules such as:
Teaching children about health
Palliative care
Liver failure and transplantation
Gene cloning and analysis

Contact details:
King's College London
Strand
London
WC2R 2LS
United Kingdom
Telephone: +44 (0) 20 7836 5454