2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

6th January 2016, 10:07 AM
Super Moderator

Re: SSC Junior Engineer Medical Test

There is nothing like Medical Test for selection in Staff Selection Commission (SSC) Junior Engineers post.

The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) Junior Engineers (Civil, Mechanical, Electrical, Quantity Surveying and Contract) Examination is conducted in two stages:

A. Written Test (500 marks)
B. Interview (100 marks)

A. Written Test:

Written test consists of two papers viz Paper -I and Paper-II.
Part I is Objective type questions for 200 marks and Paper II has Conventional type questions for 300 marks.
Time duration for each paper will be 2 hours.
Answer- sheet of Paper-II (Conventional Type) is evaluated in respect of only those candidates who qualify in Paper-I at the standard as decided/fixed by the Commission at its discretion.
There is negative marking of 0.25 marks for each wrong answer in Paper-I.

B. Personality Test (Interview):

Those who secure at least the minimum qualifying marks in the written exam are eligible to appear in the Interview
Interview conducted for 100 Marks.
One who qualify for Interview are recommended for appointment by the Commission on the basis of total marks in the Written Exam and Interview.

C. Resolution of Tie Cases:
In cases where more than one candidate secures the equal aggregates marks, tie will be resolved by applying the following methods one after another:-

(i) Total marks in written examination.
(ii) Marks in Paper-II.
(iii) Marks in Paper-I.
(iv) Date of birth, with older candidates placed higher.
(v) Alphabetical order in the first names of the candidates appear

Syllabus:
The standard of the questions in Engineering subjects will be approximately of the level of Diploma in Engineering (Civil/ Electrical/ Mechanical) from a recognized Institute, Board or University recognized by All India Board of Technical Education.

All the questions will be set in SI units. The details of the syllabus are given below:

Paper-I: Paper I will consists of General Intelligence & Reasoning, General Awareness, General Engineering (Civil and Structural), (Electrical & Mechanical).

Paper-II: Paper II consists of Civil & Structural Engineering , Civil Engineering, Structural Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Thermal Engineering, Fluid Mechanics & Machinery and Production Engineering.

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in