2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

23rd September 2014, 09:21 AM
Super Moderator

Re: SSC Junior engineer(Civil) Model question paper

Here I am giving SSC Junior engineer (Civil) Model question paper:

1. Timber can be made reasonably fire- resistant by a. soaking it in Ammonium Sulphate b. coating with Tar paint c. pumping creosote oil into timber under high pressure d. seasoning process

2. Which one of the following statements is the correct description of the structure of fibre board ? a. Thin slices of superior quality of wood are glued and pressed on the surface of inferior wood b. Streamed mass of wood dusts, wood wool and other vegetable fibres are pressed hard to a thickness varying from 3 mm to 12 mm c. Thin and narrow wood shavings are soaked in a refractory binder material and pressed hard d. Thin and narrow wood shaving are soaked in a refractory binder material and pressed hard

3. Match List I(Constituents of bricks) with List II(corresponding influence) and select the correct answer :
List I A. Alumina B. Silica C. Magnesia D. Limestone
List II 1. Colour of brick 2. Plasticity recovery for moulding 3. Reacts with silica during burning and causes particles to unite together and development of strength
4. Preserve the for on brick at high temperature and prevents shrinkage
c. 2 4 1 3
d. 3 1 4 2

4. In some brick masonry walls, patches of whitish crystals were found on the exposed surfaces, also chipping and spalling of bricks took place from the same walls. Which among the following are the causes of these defects ?
1. Settlement of foundation 2. Over-loading of the walls
3. Sulphate attach
4. Efflorescence
a. 1 and 2 b. 2 and 3 c. 2 and 4 d. 3 and 4

5. Match List I with list II and select the correct answer : List I(Property) A. Specific heat of an aggregate B. Thermal conductivity of an aggregate C. Thermal expansion D. Durability of concrete

List II(Characteristic) 1. Breaks the bond between the aggregate and the paste 2. Is a measure of its heat capacity 3. Is affected by differences n thermal expansion of two different materials 4. Is a measure of its ability to conduct heat

For detailed paper here is attachment:

SSC JE Civil Model paper

Attached Files
File Type: zip SSC JE Civil Model paper.zip (667.5 KB, 196 views)

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in