2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

25th March 2016, 02:25 PM
Unregistered

Ssc ias

Sir I want to prepare for the IAS exam so I need to know that who conducts the IAS exam, will this year the SSC conduct the exam? What is the Pattern for the IAS Exam
25th March 2016, 02:26 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Ssc ias

Hey buddy the Indian Administrative Service is the premier administrative civil service of the Government of India. IAS officers hold key and strategic positions in the Union Government, States and public-sector undertakings

For the IAS post the exam is conducted by the Union Public Service Commission and SSC does not conduct this exam and never has conducted

SSC role is to make recruitment to (i) all Group “B” posts in the various Ministries/Departments of the Govt. of India and their Attached and Subordinate Offices which are in the pay scales the maximum of which is Rs.10,500 or below and

(ii) all non-technical Group “C” posts in the various Ministries/Departments of the Govt. of India and their Attached and Subordinate Offices, except those posts which are specifically exempt from the purview of the Staff Selection Commission.

UPSC exam is conducted for:

IES(Indian Engineering Services)
IPS(Indian Police Service)
IAS(Indian Administrative Services)
NDA(National Defence Academy)

IAS exam Pattern

The competitive examination comprises of three successive stages :

Civil Services - Preliminary Examination - Objective Type (Qualifier)
Civil Services - Main Examination - Written Test
Interview / Personality Test

Preliminary Examination
The Preliminary Examination will consist of two papers of objective type (multiple choice questions) and carry a maximum of 400 marks. This examination is meant to serve as a screening test only.

Main Examination
The Main Examination will consist of 9 papers in total comprising of conventional essay type questions.

Interview / Personality Test
The interview will carry 275 marks (with no minimum qualifying marks)

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in