2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

11th December 2014, 11:13 AM
Super Moderator

Re: SRM University B.Tech Electronics syllabus

Ok, as you want the syllabus of B.Tech Electronics of SRM University so here I am providing you

SRM University B.Tech Electrical and Electronics Engineering syllabus

Instructional Objectives

At the end of the course, student should be able
1. To apply advanced matrix knowledge to Engineering problems.
2. To improve their ability in solving geometrical applications of differential calculus problems.
3. To equip themselves familiar with the functions of several variables.
4. To familiarize with the applications of differential equations.
5. To expose to the concept of three dimensional analytical geometry.
MATRICES
Characteristic equation – Eigen values and eigen vectors of a real matrix – Properties of eigen values – Caley –
Hamilton theorem – Orthogonal reduction of a symmetric matrix to diagonal form – Orthogonal matrices –
Reduction of quadratic form to canonical form by orthogonal transformations.
GEOMETRICAL APPLICATIONS OF DIFFERENTIAL CALCULUS
Curvature – Cartesian and polar coordinates – Circle of curvature – Involutes and Evolutes – Envelopes –
Properties of envelopes.
FUNCTIONS OF SEVERAL VARIABLES
Function of two variables – Partial derivatives – Total differential – Taylor’s expansion – Maxima and Minima
– Constrained Maxima and Minima by Lagrangean Multiplier method – Jacobians
ORDINARY DIFFERENTIAL EQUATIONS
Simultaneous first order linear equations with constant coefficients – Linear equations of second order with
constant and variable coefficients – Homogeneous equation of Euler type – Equations reducible to
homogeneous form.
THREE DIMENSIONAL ANALYTICAL GEOMETRY
Direction cosines and ratios – Angle between two lines – Equation of a plane – Equation of a straight line – Coplanar
lines – Shortest distance between skew lines – Sphere – Tangent plane – Plane section of a sphere –
Orthogonal spheres.
TEXT BOOK
1. Grewal B.S, Higher Engg Maths, Khanna Publications, 38th Edition., Veerajan, T., Engineering
Mathematics, Tata McGraw Hill Publishing Co., New Delhi,2000.
2. Dr.V.Ramamurthy & Dr. Sundarammal Kesavan,” Engineering Mathematics” – Vol I & II Anuradha
Publications, Revised Edition 2006.
REFERENCE BOOKS
1. Kreyszig.E, “Advanced Engineering Mathematics”, 8th edition, John Wiley & Sons. Singapore,2001.
2. Kandasamy P etal. “Engineering Mathematics”, Vol.I (4th revised edition), S.Chand &Co., New
Delhi,2000.
3. Narayanan S., Manicavachagom Pillay T.K., Ramanaiah G., “Advanced Mathematics for Engineering
students”, Volume I (2nd edition), S.Viswanathan Printers and Publishers, 1992.
4. Venkataraman M.K., “Engineering Mathematics” – First Year (2nd edition), National Publishing Co.,
Chennai,2000.

For detailed syllabus here I am attaching a pdf file

SRM University B.Tech Electrical and Electronics Engineering syllabus

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in