2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Jobs

16th April 2015, 02:34 PM
Unregistered

SPM Anna University Notes

I am the student of anna university and I am preparing for the exam of Software Project Management and I can’t understand the unit 1st and 2nd so can you please provide me the SPM notes of anna university so which can I make my preparation good and score good marks?
Similar Threads
Thread
Anna University PDF Notes
OB Anna University Notes
Anna University Notes For BME
Anna University HRM Notes
Anna University DSP Notes For CSE
DWM Anna University Notes
Anna University PQT Notes
EDC Anna University Notes
Anna university MBA Notes PDF
Anna University UID Notes
OS Anna University Notes
IT Notes Anna University
UID Anna University Notes
Anna University MBA Notes
Anna University EMF Notes
Notes For Anna University
Anna University SQM Notes
Anna University TQM Notes
PQT Anna University Notes
Anna University Notes for MCA
19th July 2018, 09:25 AM
Unregistered

Re: SPM Anna University Notes

Can you provide me - MG6088 Software Project Management Regulation 2013 - Syllabus of Anna University for B. Tech IT (Information Technology)?
19th July 2018, 09:26 AM
Super Moderator

Re: SPM Anna University Notes

MG6088 Software Project Management Regulation 2013 - Syllabus of Anna University for B. Tech IT (Information Technology) is as follows:

OBJECTIVES:
To outline the need for Software Project Management
To highlight different techniques for software cost estimation and activity planning.

UNIT I PROJECT EVALUATION AND PROJECT PLANNING
Importance of Software Project Management Activities Methodologies Categorization of Software Projects Setting objectives Management Principles Management Control Project portfolio Management Cost-benefit evaluation technology Risk evaluation Strategic program Management Stepwise Project Planning.

UNIT II PROJECT LIFE CYCLE AND EFFORT ESTIMATION
Software process and Process Models Choice of Process models - mental delivery Rapid Application development Agile methods Extreme Programming SCRUM Managing interactive processes Basics of Software estimation Effort and Cost estimation techniques COSMIC Full function points - COCOMO II A Parametric Productivity Model - Staffing Pattern.

UNIT III ACTIVITY PLANNING AND RISK MANAGEMENT
Objectives of Activity planning Project schedules Activities Sequencing and scheduling Network Planning models Forward Pass & Backward Pass techniques Critical path (CRM) method Risk identification Assessment Monitoring PERT technique Monte Carlo simulation Resource Allocation Creation of critical patterns Cost schedules.

UNIT IV PROJECT MANAGEMENT AND CONTROL
Framework for Management and control Collection of data Project termination Visualizing progress Cost monitoring Earned Value Analysis- Project tracking Change control- Software Configuration Management Managing contracts Contract Management.

UNIT V STAFFING IN SOFTWARE PROJECTS
Managing people Organizational behavior Best methods of staff selection Motivation The Oldham-Hackman job characteristic model Ethical and Programmed concerns Working in teams Decision making Team structures Virtual teams Communications genres Communication plans.

TOTAL: 45 PERIODS

OUTCOMES:
At the end of the course the students will be able to practice Project Management principles while developing a software.

TEXTBOOK:
1. Bob Hughes, Mike Cotterell and Rajib Mall: Software Project Management Fifth Edition, Tata McGraw Hill, New Delhi, 2012.

REFERENCES:
1. Robert K. Wysocki Effective Software Project Management Wiley Publication,2011.
2. Walker Royce: Software Project Management- Addison-Wesley, 1998.
3. Gopalaswamy Ramesh, Managing Global Software Projects McGraw Hill Education (India), Fourteenth Reprint 2013

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in