2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

29th May 2018, 02:39 PM
Unregistered

Re: Solapur University MSC Computer Science Syllabus

Can you provide me the Syllabus (Semester I and II) of M.Sc. (Master of Science) (Computer Science) Program offered by Solapur University, Solapur?
29th May 2018, 02:40 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Solapur University MSC Computer Science Syllabus

The Syllabus (Semester I and II) of M.Sc. (Master of Science) (Computer Science) Program offered by Solapur University, Solapur is as follows:

M.Sc. (Computer Science) Part I
Semester I

CS-101 : Object Oriented Programming using C++

1. Algorithm Development : Problem definition, Writing step by step procedure, representation in terms of Flow chart,, Tracing, Testing
2. Overview Of C++ : Object Oriented Programming, Introducing C++ Classes, Concepts of Object Oriented Programming, C++ as a superset of C, New style comments, main function in C++, meaning of empty argument list, function prototyping, default arguments and argument matching, User defined data types: enumerated types, use of tag names, anonymous unions, scope of tag names
3. Classes & Objects :Classes, Structure & Classes, Union & Classes, Inline Function, Scope Resolution operator, Static Class Members: Static Data Member, Static Member Function, Passing Objects to Function, Returning Objects, Object Assignment. Friend Function, Friend Classes
4. Array, Pointers References & The Dynamic Allocation Operators: Array of Objects, Pointers to Object, Type Checking C++ Pointers, The This Pointer, Pointer to Derived Types, Pointer to Class Members, References: Reference Parameter, call by reference and return by reference Passing References to Objects, Returning Reference, Independent Reference, C++s Dynamic Allocation Operators, Initializing Allocated Memory, Allocating Array, Allocating Objects.
5. Constructor & Destructor: Introduction, Constructor, access specifiers for constructors, and instantiation, Parameterized Constructor, Multiple Constructor in A Class, Constructor with Default Argument, Copy Constructor, Destructor.
6. Overloading as polymorphism : Function & Operator Overloading : Function Overloading, Overloading Constructor Function Finding the Address of an Overloaded Function, Operator Overloading: Creating A Member Operator Function, Creating Prefix & Postfix Forms of the Increment & Decrement Operation, Overloading The Shorthand Operation (I.E. +=,-= Etc), Operator Overloading Restrictions, Operator Overloading Using Friend Function, Overloading New & Delete, Overloading Some Special Operators, Overloading [ ], ( ), -, Comma Operator
7. Inheritance : Base Class Access Control, Inheritance & Protected Members, Protected Base Class Inheritance, Inheriting Multiple Base Classes, Constructors, Destructors & Inheritance, When Constructor & Destructor Function are Executed, Passing Parameters to Base Class Constructors, Granting Access, Virtual Base Classes .
8. Virtual Functions & Polymorphism : Virtual Function, Pure Virtual Functions, Early Vs. Late Binding, Templates and Exception Handling.
9. Templates: Reason for templates compactness and flexibility, function template examples explicit specialization, class templates, out of class definition of member functions
10. The C++ I/O System Basics : C++ Streams, The Basic Stream Classes C++ Predefined Streams, Formatted I/O: Formatting Using The Ios Members, Setting The Formal Flags, Clearing Format Flags, An Overloaded Form Of Setf ( ), Using Width() Precision() and Fill(), Using Manipulators to Format I/O, Creating Your own Manipulators.
11. Working with files : Introduction, Classes for file stream operations, Opening and Closing file, Open(): File Modes, File pointers and their Manipulations, Sequential Input and Output Operations, Updating a File: Random Access , Error Handling During File Operations

REFERENCE BOOKS:
1) C++ THE COMPLETE REFERENCE BY HERBERT SEHILDT - TMH
2) C++ BY BALGURUSWAMI TATA MCGRAW HILLS
3) C++ BY M. KUMAR, TATA MCGRAW

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in