2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Entrance Exams

20th August 2018, 07:48 AM
Unregistered

Re: Sikkim Manipal University Phd computer science

Hi buddy here I am looking for Sikkim Manipal University Phd computer science entrance exam syllabus so will you plz let me know from where I can do download it ??
20th August 2018, 07:50 AM
Super Moderator

Re: Sikkim Manipal University Phd computer science

As you want here I am giving bellow Sikkim Manipal University Phd computer science entrance exam syllabus on your demand :

FOUNDATION OF COMPUTER APPLICATIONS

UNIT I

Introduction
Basic Definitions Data, Information, Bit, Byte, Software, Hardware, Memory, Computer and Operating Systems, Characteristics and Capabilities of a Computer, Need for Computer Literacy, Block Diagram of a Computer.
Fundamentals of Programming Languages
Programming Languages- Structured vs. Unstructured, Object based-Procedural based, Level of Programming languages. System vs Application Programs, Concepts of basic programming languages like C, C++.
Data Structures
Linear data structure: Arrays, Multidimensional arrays, Stacks, Queues, Linked linear list, Doubly linked list, Circular linked list. Non-Linear Data Structures: Binary trees, Traversing binary trees, Preorder, Inorder, Postorder, Infix, Prefix, Postfix notations. Searching and sorting algorithms- binary search, linear search, bubble sort and selection sort.
Introduction to DBMS
Introduction to Database Management System, Characteristics, Advantages, Implications of the database approach, Database system concepts and architecture, Database models.

UNIT II

Introduction to DIP
Fundamentals steps in DIP, Image Acquisition, Image Enhancement, Image Restoration, Image Compression, Wavelets, Image recognition, Image Segmentation, Image Classifications, Image representations and Knowledge database.
Introduction to Data Communication and Networks
Introduction to Data Communications, Data Representation and Data Flow, Concepts of Communication in Computer Networks, Layered Architecture, Introduction of network, Topology, Use of computer network, Network hardware LAN,WAN,MAN, Wireless network, Reference models ISO-OSI model, TCP model.
Geographical Information Systems and Global Positioning System
Definition and scope of GIS; GIS components, applications of GIS, GIS Data base, Geographic data: Spatial and non-spatial, Data input: Digitization of maps and imageries, 3D models: TIN, DEM, DTM Query in GIS; Global Positioning System, Introduction to Global Positioning System; GPS satellites constellations; GPS segments: Space, Control, User; GPS antennas,
signals and codes; GPS receivers; Modes of measurements and post processing of data; Accuracy of GPS measurements; Application of GPS.
Data Mining
Introduction, Definition, KDD vs. DM, DBMS vs. DM, DM techniques, Issues and challenges in DM, DM applications, Classification Techniques- Bayesian classification, Two class and generalized class classification, Classification error, Decision boundary, Discriminant functions, Non-parametric methods for classification. Clustering analysis- Types of data in cluster analysis, Partitioning algorithms, Hierarchical, Density based, Grid based, Model based algorithms, High dimensional & Categorical data clustering.

Sikkim Manipal University Phd computer science entrance exam syllabus

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in