2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

5th August 2016, 01:43 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Sikkim Manipal University IAS

Yes, your Degree is Absolutely Valid for the IAS Examination As the university is Recognized by the Sikkim Manipal University is recognized by the following regulatory bodies:
University Grant Commission [UGC]
Distance Education Council [DEC]
Association of Indian universities [AIU]

As you wants to Apply for the IAS Examination Here I am Sharing with you some Information about the IAS Examination the details of the Examination is as follow

IAS is the on of the Civil Service Examination of India that is Conducted by the UPSC Every year

Eligibility Criteria :

NATIONALITY:
For the Indian Administrative Service (IAS) and the Indian Police Service (IPS), a candidate must be a citizen of India.

Age Criteria :
General : 32 Years
OBC : 35 Years
SC /ST : 37 Years

Qualification Required:

he candidate must hold a degree of any University that is recognized by the state or central government.

A degree received through Correspondence Education or Distance Education.
A degree from an Open University.

A qualification recognized by the Government of India as being equivalent to either of the above.

Candidates who have given their final year graduation exam/ waiting for the results can also apply for this exam (but they will be required to produce proof of passing the graduation exam) before the final selection process.

Paper Pattern for the IAS Exam :

The IAS Preliminary exam (objective / multiple choice questions type) has two papers:

i. Paper – I (General Studies: duration – 2 hours; Marks – 200)

ii. Paper – II (Civil Services Aptitude Test duration – 2 hours; Marks – 200)

The second stage of the civil services is IAS Mains Exam (subjective or descriptive type) and it consists a total of 9 papers which is divided as given below:

Essay
English
General Studies Paper I (Indian Heritage and Culture, History and Geography of the World and Society)
General Studies Paper II (Governance, Constitution, Polity, Social Justice and International relations)
General Studies Paper III (Technology, Economic Development, Bio-diversity, Environment, Security and Disaster Management)
General Studies Paper IV (Ethics, Integrity and Aptitude)
Optional Subject Paper I
Optional Subject Paper II
Language Paper

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in