2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

15th May 2018, 08:54 AM
Unregistered

Re: Sikkim Manipal University Hostel

Can you tell me about the manual for rules & regulations for Hostel of SMU (Sikkim Manipal University) as I want to check it before admitting my son in it?
15th May 2018, 08:57 AM
Super Moderator

Re: Sikkim Manipal University Hostel

Sikkim Manipal Institute of Technology (SMIT) is a residential institute with separate hostels for boys and girls. It provides excellent accommodation to over 3000 students. Its rooms are two-seaters, well furnished, and have attached bathrooms with hot water supply.

There is a students mess and a canteen providing vegetarian and non-vegetarian meals, separately for boys and girls. Recreation rooms with TVs, separate gymnasiums for boys and girls and sports facilities are available.

Facilities in the Hostel

a) Laundry: A laundry contractor provides services on day to day basis. In addition adequate washer men from local area are available and providing in hostel service.

b) Tuck Shop: Tuck shops are provided in all the hostel for tea, coffee and light snacks from 10pm - 2am.

c) Elevators: There are two Elevators in each Hostell including Girls Hostel.

d) Recreation: There are two recreation halls (one each for boys & girls) where students can watch TV, play indoor games, like snooker, table tennis. It also has multi gym.

e) Drinking Water: Boys Hostels are provided with RO drinking water. The Girls hostel has Aquaguard water supply and RO plant is being installed.

g) Supporting Staff for Maintenance: All the hostels have supporting staff for the maintenance of the students rooms.

h) Security: Round the clock security of the hostels is done by Home Guards provided by Govt. of Sikkim and private security Guards.

Manual for Rules & Regulations for Hostel of SMU

Attached Files
File Type: pdf Manual for Rules & Regulations for Hostel of SMU.pdf (1,001.0 KB, 176 views)

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in