2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

20th April 2018, 01:33 PM
Unregistered

Re: SET Exam in Bharathiar University

I want to apply for Bharathiar University State Eligibility Test ( SET ) Exam so can you please provide me the details of exam?
20th April 2018, 01:34 PM
Super Moderator

Re: SET Exam in Bharathiar University

Bharathiar University invites applications from eligible candidates for State Eligiblity Test ( SET ) for admissions to lectureship.

Bharathiar University SET Eligibility

Candidates must have PG degree from recognised University.

Candidates who have secured at least 55% marks ( without grace or rounding off ) in Masters Degree ( or ) equivalent examination are eligible for this BU State Eligibility Test.

The Scheduled Caste ( SC ) / Scheduled Tribes ( ST ) / Physically Challenged ( PC ) / Visually Challenged ( VC ) category candidates who have secured at least 50% marks ( without grace or rounding off ) in Masters Degree Examination

Candidates who have appeared ( or ) will be appearing at the qualifying Masters Degree Examination can also apply

The Ph.D degree holders shall be eligible for relaxation of 5% of marks from 55% to 50% to appear in SET Examination.

Age Limit :

No Upper age limit

Bharathiar University SET Examination Fee

For General Candidate, the BU SET Examination fee is Rupee 1000/-, for Other backward classes the SET BU Exam fee is Rupee 750/- and Rupee 250/- for SC / ST / Physically Challenged / Visually Challenged.

Exam pattern-

Bharathiar University SET Test will consist of three papers. All the three papers in two separate sessions

Bharathiar University SET Exam Paper I will be of general nature intended to assess the teaching / research aptitude of the candidates.

It will primarily be designed to test reasoning ability, comprehension divergent thinking and general awareness of the candidates. Bharathiar University SET Test Paper I shall consist of sixty ( 60 ) multiple choice questions of two marks each, out of which the candidate would be required to answer only fifty ( 50 ).

Paper II shall consist of 50 compulsory objective type questions. The candidate will have to mark their responses for questions of paper I and paper II on the optical mark reader ( OMR ) sheet provided along with the Bharathiar University SET Test Booklet.

Paper III of 75 objective type compulsory questions from the subject selected by the candidates. Each question carries 2 marks. A separate OMR sheet will be issued for marking.

Contact-

Bharathiar University
Bharathiyar University, Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu 641046
0422 242 2222

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in