2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

27th June 2018, 10:42 AM
Unregistered

Re: Selection Procedure For Indian Forest Service

I want to know the Selection Procedure For Indian Forest Service IFS Exam so will you please tell me?
27th June 2018, 10:42 AM
Super Moderator

Re: Selection Procedure For Indian Forest Service

The selection procedure of Indian Forest Services (IFS) has been decided by UPSC for all the candidates participating in the recruitment process.

IFS Exam Selection Procedure

The competitive examination comprises two successive stages:

I. Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination (Objective Type) for the screening & selection of candidates for Indian Forest Service (Main) Examination; and

II. Indian Forest Service (Main) Examination (Written and Interview) for the selection of candidates against the vacancies identified and reported for the Indian Forest Service Examination.

I. Preliminary Examination:

The preliminary Examination will consist of two papers of Objective type (multiple choice questions) and carry a maximum of 400 marks.

This examination is meant to serve as a screening test only.

Only those candidates who are declared qualified in the Preliminary Examination in the year will be eligible for admission to the Main Examination

Main Examination-

The Main Examination will consist of written examination and an interview test.

The marks obtained in the Preliminary Examination by the candidates who are declared qualified for admission to the Main Examination will not be counted for determining their final order of merit.

1. Written Examination:

The written examination will consist of 6 papers of conventional essay type.

2. Interview:

The interview will carry 300 marks (with no minimum qualifying marks).

Marks thus obtained by the candidates in the Main Examination (written part as well as interview) would determine their final ranking.

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in