2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

22nd February 2017, 10:47 AM
Super Moderator

Re: Scra upsc

Special Class Railway Apprentice (SCRA) is conducted by UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) on behalf of Indian Railways for four years of apprenticeship. On successfully completing the same, SCRA are absorbed as a Class-1 officer in Indian Railway Service of Mechanical Engineering (IRSME).

SCRA Eligibility

Educational Qualification:

You must have passed in the first or second division, the Intermediate or an equivalent examination of a university or Board approved by the Government of India with Mathematics and at least one of the subjects Physics and Chemistry as subjects of the examination.

Age Limit:
Your age should be between 17 to 21 years as on 1st January of the exam year. Upper age limit is relaxable for 5 years for SC/ST and 3 years for OBC.

Syllabus of Examination:
Special Class Railway Apprentices Examination comprises of three papers viz, Paper I, Paper II, Paper III.

1. Paper I: English, General Knowledge, Psychological Test.

2. Paper II: Physics, Chemistry ( Physical Chemistry, Inorganic Chemistry, Organic Chemistry).

3. Paper-III: Mathematics, Algebra, Trigonometry, Analytic Geometry, Differential Calculus, Integral Calculus and Differential equations, Differential equations, Vectors and its applications, Statistics and Probability.

Paper Pattern

Paper Subject Maximum Marks
Paper-I General Ability Test (English,
General Knowledge and
Psychological Test) 200
Paper-II Physical Sciences (Physics
and Chemistry) 200
Paper-III Mathematics 200
Total marks 600

Tags
upsc

Quick Reply