2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

5th November 2015, 08:54 AM
Unregistered

SCRA Facts

Can you tell me in detail about the Special Class Railway Apprentices' (SCRA) exam as I want to try my luck in it after completing B Tech with Mechanical?
Similar Threads
Thread
GMAT Facts
NTSE Facts
Facts About BPCL
BITSAT Facts
Facts About Iit Bombay
Facts About SMU
5 Facts on India
MBA Facts And Figures
Education Facts in India
Interesting facts about India
Facts About The LSAT
Food in India Facts
India Interesting Facts
India Education Facts
Most Interesting Facts About India
Facts about The Bloodhound SSC
Indian Facts And Information
Facts About PNB
Facts About AIPMT
Facts About NDA
5th November 2015, 10:35 AM
Super Moderator

Re: SCRA Facts

Special Class Railway Apprentices' (SCRA) refers to a handful of candidates that are selected by UPSC or Union Public Service Commission in India to the undergraduate program in Mechanical Engineering at the Indian Railways Institute of Mechanical and Electrical Engineering, Jamalpur.

Age Limit:
Candidate should have attained the age of 17 years and must not have attained the age of 21 years.

Age relaxation is applicable for SC/ ST/ OBC candidates as per rules.

Educational Qualification:
One should have passed in the first or second division, the Intermediate or an equivalent Examination of a University or Board approved by Govt of India with Mathematics and at least one of the subjects Physics and Chemistry as subjects of the examination.
Graduates with Mathematics or minimum one of the subjects Physics and Chemistry in their degree subjects

Selection Process: Candidates are selected based on Written Examination & Interview.

Syllabus of Examination:
Special Class Railway Apprentices Examination comprises of three papers viz, Paper I, Paper II, Paper III.

1. Paper I: English, General Knowledge, Psychological Test.

2. Paper II: Physics, Chemistry ( Physical Chemistry, Inorganic Chemistry, Organic Chemistry).

3. Paper-III: Mathematics, Algebra, Trigonometry, Analytic Geometry, Differential Calculus, Integral Calculus and Differential equations, Differential equations, Vectors and its applications, Statistics and Probability.

UPSC SCRA Exam Pattern:

Paper Subject Maximum Marks

Paper-I General Ability Test (English, General
Knowledge and Psychological Test) 200
Paper-II Physical Sciences (Physics and Chemistry) 200
Paper-III Mathematics 200
Total marks 600

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in