2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

26th February 2016, 10:56 AM
Unregistered

Score Percentiles GRE

Hello sir, I am Roman Julius. I am form New York. I want you to help me by providing me some information about the score and percentile criteria of Graduate Record Examination (GRE). Can you help me?
Similar Threads
Thread
Score of SBI PO
UGC NET Score
UM MBA GMAT Score
UNT MBA GMAT Score
List of Institutes Accepting CAT Scores Along With Percentiles
MBA MFT Percentiles
GRE Top Score
MFT MBA Score
What Is GRE Score
GMAT Scores Percentiles
GMAT Score Percentiles
SAT Max Score
MBA score
GMAT score or GRE score to pursue MBA abroad
GRE Low Score
Citibank NPS Score
LSAT Percentiles for Law Schools
GRE Default Score
Colleges for admission After CAT exam with 60-75 percentiles
LSAT percentiles dec
26th February 2016, 11:56 AM
Super Moderator

Re: Score Percentiles GRE

Graduate Record Examination (GRE) is a type of standardized test for admission to most of the graduate schools in the United States.
It was started from the year 1949.
Its duration is about 3 hours and 45 minutes (includes 1-minute breaks after each section and a 10-minute break after third section).

The structure of the computer-based GRE revised General Test consists of five sections.
The first section is always the analytical writing section involving separately timed issue and argument tasks.
The next five sections consist of two verbal reasoning sections, two quantitative reasoning sections, and either an experimental or research section.
Verbal Reasoning and Quantitative Reasoning scores range from 130–170, in one-point increments. If no answers are given for a measure, an NS (No Score) is reported for that measure.
Test takers who received an NS are excluded from the data reported in the accompanying tables.

While this group was reasonably representative of the GRE population’s demographic characteristics, they tended to be slightly more able than the overall population, which is typical with the launch of a new test. Therefore, when the scales were set, the scale means were adjusted so that the full year mean for both measures would be equal to 150 and the standard deviation equal to 8.75.

Scores from the different measures should not be directly compared because each measure was scaled separately.
Percentile ranks can be used to compare relative performance among the measures. For the 2015-16 testing year, these percentile ranks are based on the scores of all test takers who tested between August 1, 2011, and June 30, 2014.

Because the Verbal Reasoning and Quantitative Reasoning measures are multi-stage computer-adaptive tests, the reliability and standard error of measurement are theoretical estimates based on item response theory.
The final estimates for the reliability and standard errors of measurement are an average based on a large number of multi-stage tests that have been administered.

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in