2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

18th April 2016, 04:32 PM
Unregistered

SBI PO Tips For Exam

I want to join banking line and for this I have decided to give the SBI PO Exam looking for exam details. Will you please tell me what the pattern and section available in this exam so that I can prepare well for this exam and also provide me some tips how to crack this SBI PO Exam?
Similar Threads
Thread
Preparation tips for Board Exam with JEE entrance exam
CG PSC Exam Preparation Tips
Tips to prepare for OAS exam
HAL Mt Exam Tips
IIT JEE Exam Tips
Tips for SSC CGL Exam
UPSC exam tips
Preparation tips for the exam of State Bank of India clerk exam
Tips to prepare for SSC exam
GRE Exam Preparation Tips
CAT Exam preparation tips
MAT Exam Preparation Tips
AIPMT Exam Tips
Tips SBI PO Exam
PSU exam Tips
Tips to clear Staff Selection Exam. Its model test papers and exam pattern.
IAS Exam Preparation Tips
Preparation Tips for SSC Exam
Prepapartion tips for the exam of IIT JAM MCA
Exam preparation tips for class 12th Maths exam
18th April 2016, 04:33 PM
Super Moderator

Re: SBI PO Tips For Exam

SBI or State Bank of India conducts online exam for the recruitment of Probationary Officers and Clerical Cadre.

It is considered to be one of the most prestigious of the Banking jobs and is a dream job of every banking aspirant.

Exam Pattern:

Phase I – Preliminary Examination. The online exam for this phase will have questions from the following three sections:

English Language
Quantitative Aptitude
Reasoning Ability

The online exam is of 60 minutes and contains 100 questions carrying a total of 100 marks. Candidates have to qualify in each of the three tests.

Phase II – Main Examination: will consist of Objective Tests for 200 marks and Descriptive Test for 50 marks.

Both Objective and Descriptive Tests will be online. For Descriptive test you will have to type in your answer on the computer.

Objective Test: It will be of 2 hours and will have questions from the following four Sections(50 marks each summing to 200 marks):
a) Test of English Language
b) Test of General Awareness, Marketing &Computers
c) Test of Data Analysis & Interpretation
d) Test of Reasoning
Descriptive Test: This test (50 marks) will be of 1 hour and is a Test of English Language (Letter Writing & Essay).

Descriptive Test paper of only those candidates will be evaluated who have scored qualifying marks in the Objective Tests.

Exam preparation tips for each section:

Awareness section, you need to keep themselves updated about current happenings of the world and having knowledge of static General Knowledge would be enough from the examination point of view.

Mathematics section, you must remember it is essentially a 10th level questions. Bank PO aspirants should never get into the habit of solving a problem by writing the entire equation, as with this approach they wouldn’t be able to crack the exam.

English Section, vocabulary plays a very crucial role

Reasoning Section which doesn’t take much time to solve e.g. if a candidate solves 100-150 questions in ‘Series’ topic, he/she would practically cover all the types of questions that comes in Bank PO exam from ‘Series’ topic

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in