2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

14th November 2014, 04:00 PM
Super Moderator

Re: SBI PO Exam Preparation Tips

Here I am suggesting some Preparation Tips for SBI PO Exam which you are looking for .

As negative marking is applicable, it's important to attempt only the questions you are sure about.
Revise your basic grammar skills by referring to grammar book such as Wren and Martin.
Listen to English news and practise speaking in English.
Study from a recent general knowledge book and basic books on computers and marketing, focus on understanding the essentials.
Prepare for Data Analysis and Interpretation by practising calculations and increasing your speed
Practise various types of puzzles and analogies to prepare.
Practise as many sample papers, model papers and previous year papers as possible.

SBI Exam Preparation Books

26th November 2014, 12:57 PM
Unregistered

SBI PO exam Preparation Tips

Please give me some preparation tips for clear the SBI PO exam and give some study material?
26th November 2014, 01:48 PM
Super Moderator

Re: SBI PO exam Preparation Tips

The SBI PO exam paper consist of these topics so clear all the basic concepts of these topics
Quantitative Aptitude and Data Interpretation
Logical Reasoning
English Language
General Awareness
Computer Awareness

The questions are asked of these types
Quantitative Aptitude and Data Interpretation – school level maths, basic charts and tables
Logical Reasoning – puzzles, analytical and critical reasoning
English Language – school level grammar, English comprehension
General Awareness – GK and current affairs
Computer Awareness – computers, applications, internet

Preparation tips:
Plan your schedule
Know you exam
Focus on your weak areas of study
Practice sample paper
Make short notes

Reference book of SBI PO Exam

#Arihant
PO Exam Associates Exam of SBI

#G. K. Pub
Sbi P O 2014 (Recruitment Examination)
Sold by G.K PUBLICATIONS
3rd December 2014, 01:02 PM
Unregistered

SBI PO exam preparation tips

Hi can you please provide me the tips for preparation of SBI PO exam?
3rd December 2014, 02:32 PM
Super Moderator

Re: SBI PO exam preparation tips

Ok, as you are preparing for SBI PO exam so here I am providing you some tips to crack the exam but follow this strictly ok.

Tips for preparation-

Revise your basic grammar skills and improve your language skills by reading newspapers.

Prepare for data analysis and interpretation by practicing calculations and increasing the speed and revise important math formulas, charts, graphs and tables.

General Awareness, Marketing and Computer section is the highest scoring and can also be completed quickly so prepare these well.

Reasoning section should be understood and attempted as it would be tricky.

As negative marking is applicable so it is important to attempt only the questions you are sure about.

Practice various types of puzzles and analogies to prepare.

The most important tip for preparation for all the sections is to practice as many sample papers, model papers and previous year papers as possible.

For your preparation here I am providing you the exam pattern.

Exam Paper Pattern:

The candidates will be short-listed for jobs on the basis of their performances in the two-phase examination. Phase I will comprise an Objective Test and a Descriptive Exam, while in Phase-II there will be Group Discussion and Interview.

Phase I (Objective Test and Descriptive Exam):

The objective type test will include multiple choice questions containing 200 marks, divided into four sections, namely: English Language (grammar, vocabulary, comprehension etc.), General Awareness, Marketing & Computers, Data Analysis & Interpretation, Reasoning (high level). The exam will be over in two hours.
The descriptive test of one hour duration will carry 50 marks to test the candidates' English language.

Phase II: (Group Discussion and Interview):

The candidates who qualify in the objective test and descriptive exam will be called for the interview and group discussion. The marks secured in first phase will be converted and calculated out of 75, whereas marks secured in second phase will be converted and calculated out of 25. Thereby, out of the total of 100 marks, a merit list will be published.
5th December 2014, 11:00 AM
Unregistered

SBI PO exam preparation tips

Hi I am preparing for SBI PO exam so can you please provide me the preparation tips?
5th December 2014, 02:21 PM
Super Moderator

Re: SBI PO exam preparation tips

Ok, as you want the preparation tips so here I am providing you.

SBI PO exam tips

Make plan of studies.

General Awareness, Marketing and Computer section is the highest scoring so prepare these well.

As negative marking is applicable so attempt only the questions for which you are sure.

Practice various types of puzzles and analogies to prepare.

The English language section includes questions based on unseen passages, antonyms, synonyms, understanding vocabulary, fill in the blanks, finding the error in a statement, jumbled up questions.
Revise your basic grammar skills by referring to grammar book.

Here I am providing you the paper pattern, go through this.

Paper Pattern:

The candidates will be short-listed for jobs on the basis of their performances in the two-phase examination. Phase I will comprise an Objective Test and a Descriptive Exam, while in Phase-II there will be Group Discussion and Interview.

Phase I (Objective Test and Descriptive Exam):

The objective type test will include multiple choice questions containing 200 marks, divided into four sections, namely: English Language (grammar, vocabulary, comprehension etc.), General Awareness, Marketing & Computers, Data Analysis & Interpretation, Reasoning (high level). The exam will be over in two hours.
The descriptive test of one hour duration will carry 50 marks to test the candidates' English language.

Phase II: (Group Discussion and Interview):

The candidates who qualify in the objective test and descriptive exam will be called for the interview and group discussion. The marks secured in first phase will be converted and calculated out of 75, whereas marks secured in second phase will be converted and calculated out of 25. Thereby, out of the total of 100 marks, a merit list will be published.
22nd March 2015, 10:55 AM
Unregistered

Hey, I am a b.com graduate , I want to appear in SBI PO exam , will you give me tips to crack the SBI PO written exam ?
22nd March 2015, 11:01 AM
Super Moderator

As you want I am here giving you tips for preparation of the SBI PO written exam.

Tips :

Collect the study material.
Read the syllabus.
Know the paper pattern

Practice allot.
Manage time .
Use short tricks

Solve last year papers.
Read news paper and magazines.
Attend mock test.

Syllabus for the exam:

Objective type Syllabus for PO SBI
English Language {Grammar, Vocabulary, Comprehension etc.}
General Awareness, Marketing and Computers
Data Analysis and Interpretation
Reasoning based questions of High Level

Descriptive Paper
Letter Writing
Paragraph Writing
Essay Writing
Precise Writing
Reading Comprehension

SBI PO Paper Pattern :

MCQ Paper: 200 Marks
Descriptive Paper: 50 Marks

SBI PO exam paper

1.If GRAMMAR is written as MAMRAGR, the ENGLISH is written as:
(a) LIGNSEH
(b) GINESHL
(c) LGINSEH
(d) NHSELGI
(e) None of these
Ans (c)

2. Which of the following replaces the question mark?
MILD : NKOH :: GATE?
(a) HCWI
(b) HDVQ
(c) IBUP
(d) HDUR
(e) None of these
Ans (a)

3. If DBMDVUUB stands for Calcutta, How will you write Bombay?
(a) DQUDDXB
(b) CPMCBZ
(c) DPNCB
(d) CPNCBZ
(e) None of these
Ans (d

4.Insert the word that completes the first word and begins the second
Clue: boy
BAL(....)DER
(a) ERS
(b) OCK
(c) LAD
(d) LIES
(e) None of these
Ans (c)

5. A man travels three miles due North, then travels eight miles due East and further travels three miles due North. How far is he from the starting point?
(a) 14 miles
(b) 10 miles
(c) 100 miles
(d) 15 miles
(e) None of these
Ans (b)

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in