2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

6th June 2015, 10:04 AM
Super Moderator

Re: SBI Clerk Future Prospects

Hello ! sir here is the future prospects for the Clerk in SBI..

State Bank of India is parted into Circles which is governed by Chief General Manager (CGM). For example Hyderabad is Circle which contains 4 zones i.e.Hyderabad Zone, Tirupati Zone, Vizag Zone, Vijayawada Zone. Zone is headed by Deputy General Manager(DGM). Each Zone is divided into Regions which is governed by Assistant General Manager(AGM). Each Region entails with 20 to 40 branches.
Even though Examination is conducted on All India basis selection will be made on Circle base. Even though selection is made on Circle base generally the Candidates are allotted to their native Zone subject to availability of vacancies.

Here are some names of the post on which the bank clerk will be promoted :-
Deputy General Manager(Scaleā€“VI)

Assistant General Manager(Scale-V)

Chief Manager(Scale-IV)

Manager(Scale-III)

Deputy Manager(Scale-II)

Assistant Manager(Scale-I)

Clerk
As more number of Officers are going to be retired by the year 2013 SBI reduced minimum service required to get promotion from one cadre to next cadre from 6 years to 3 years. It is big boon to new entrants to become Assistant Manager(Scale-I).
The Clerk entrant has to appear in-service written examination after completion of 3 years. Those who passed this exam will get promotion as Trainee Officer Assistant Manager which is also called Probationary Officer when it is directly recruited by an competitive examination. Either in-service Trainee Officer or directly recruited Probationary Officer will be designated as Assistant Manager(Scale-I).

For more details contact SBI Bank:-

Toll Free Numbers:
1800 11 2211
1800 425 3800
080-26599990.

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in