2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

27th April 2013, 09:25 AM
Super Moderator

Re: Sample Personal Statement for an MBA]

Hey I am giving you sample statement for an MBA given below:
MBA EXAMPLE ESSAY
Write a candid description of yourself stressing those personal qualities assets, and liabilities that you feel will influence your graduate work. Describe what you consider to be your most important professional and / or academic achievement to date.

Paragraph 1

A good introductory paragraph. This summarizes the next couple of paragraphs and also has a certain intriguing appeal - it arouses the reader's curiosity and impels him to read further. The first sentence, however, could easily have been dropped - the second sentence would make a more compelling introduction to the essay.

Paragraph 2
Here the writer develops on the thread of diversity. Note that there is an emphasis on aspects that are important to an MBA course (strong analytical skills, math skills, work experience). The writer shows effectively that she has not been 'wasting her time' - besides earning a degree, she has earned valuable work experience and done something for the environment. Volunteer work is a strong advantage while applying to an MBA course - universities love people with a social conscience! (To a lesser degree, this is true if you're applying to other graduate courses as well, as long as you show that your primary interest, now and in the future, is in the field you are applying to). At the same time, it is important that this experience appears genuine - so before making tall claims, make sure that you can substantiate them, preferably by actually doing some volunteer / social work.

The last sentence ties the paragraph together. The argument 'my experiences have shaped me' is invaluable IF you have strong or unusual life experiences and in some cases can also partially compensate for an average or below-average academic record.

For more details of Personal Statement for an MBA here I have attached a file given below:
Attached Files
File Type: doc Sample Personal Statement for an MBA.doc (34.5 KB, 703 views)

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in