2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

10th August 2014, 12:14 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Sample paper for DRDO Diploma Engineer Entrance Exam

You are looking for Defence Research and Development Organisation Diploma Engineer Entrance Exam model question paper, i am giving here:

1. If 100ns is Memory Access Time & 125 microsec is 1frame period. The no. of line that can be supported in a Time Divison Switch is
a)125 Lines
b)625 Lines
c)525 Lines
d)465 Lines

2. The no. of edjes in disjoint Hamilton circuit in a complex graph with 17 edges is
a) 8
b) 9
c) 136
d) 17^2

3. 15 persons in a club sit every day ina dinner table such that every member has different neighbour. This arrangement will last for how many days.
Assume a system has 16MB cache mean Disk Access Time & cache Access time is 76.5 ns & 1.5 overall mean Access time us 465ms for each tripling the memory the miss rate is halved. The memory required to bring down the mean Access time to 24ns is
a) 16 MB
b) 24 MB
c) 32 MB
d) 48 MB

4.Average transfer speed of a i/p serial line is minimum 25,000 Bytes & maximum 60000 Bytes. Polling Strategy adopted takes 4microsec(whether there is any i/p byte or not). It is assured that byte that retrived from controller before next byte arrives are lost. Then the maximum safe polling interveal is
a) 12
b) 12.33
c) 12.67
d) 32

5. A harddisk has a rotation speed of 4500RPM. then the latency time is
a) .4
b) .6
c) .7
d) .9

6.Suppose all elements above the principal diagonal od n x n matix A are zero. If non zero elements of the lower triangular Matrix is stored in an array B with A[1][1] stored at B[1]. The addressing formula to the nonzero element in A[i][j]=?
a) A[i][j]
b) i(j-1)/2 +i
c) j(i-1)/2 +i
d) i(i-1)/2 +j

7.The minumum number of comparisons requied to find the second smallest element in a 1000 element array is
a) 1008
b) 1010
c) 1999
d) 2000

8.The internal path length of a Bonary Tree with 10nodes is 25. The external path length is
a) 25
b) 35
c) 40
d) 45

9.Average No. of Comparisons required to sort 3 elements is
a) 2
b) 2.33
c) 2.67
d) 3

10.In a switch the mean arrival rate of packets is 800 Packets/sec and the the mean service rate is 925 Packets/sec
a) .008 Sec
b) .08 sec
c) .8 sec
d) 1.1 sec

11. What is Interface Control Information?

12. The minumum no. of Multiplications needed to compute x^768 is
a) 9
b) 10
c) 425
d) 767

13. Find values for a,b,c,d
c 1 1 1
0 a 1 b
_______
1 0 d 0

(967)basex = 321base9

14. The area of red planet where the Mars Rover Landed? In Which Day world Telecom Day Celebrated? Laser is used for what?
a) Treatment of Cancer
b) Treatment of Eyes
c) Treatment of Heart
d) Treatment of Kidney

15.Which country is not a Member of SAARC
a) Bangladesh
b) Myanmar
c) Maldives
d) Nepal

The New Biotechnology Software intorduced by TCS is?

16.The New Biotechnology Software intorduced by TCS is? What is Wi Fi?

17.Which is the fastest Cruise Missile?

1Answer
1.C. The number of elements is given by the number of internal critical frequencies (i.e., number of poles and zeros other than those located at the origin and infinity) plus one. Then it is easy to find the number of elements for each case:

3 A power MOSFET is a
A. voltage controlled device
B. current controlled device
C. frequency controlled device
D. none of the above
Answer-3.A. a power MOSFET is a voltage-controlled device and requires only a small input current.

4. Megger is an instrument for
A. measuring current
B. measuring voltage
C. testing insulation
D. measuring power
Answer-4.C.Megger is an instrument for testing insulation.

7 An amplifier has a bandwidth of 20 kHz and a midband gain of 50 without feedback. If a negative feedback of 1% is applied, then bandwidth with feedback is
A. 13.3 kHz
B. 30 kHz
C. 10 kHz
D. 40 kHz.

8. The critical frequency of an ionospheric layer during the day time is
A. more than
B. less than
C. same as for night time
D. None of the above.

9. The data bus in 8080A / 8085 microprocessor is a group of
A. Eight bidirectional lines that are used to transfer 8 bits between the microprocessor and its I / O and memory.
B. Eight lines used to transfer data among the registers
C. Eight unidirectional lines that are used for I / O devices.
D. Sixteen bidirectional lines that are used for data transfer between the microprocessor and memory
9.D. The dtat bus in 8080A / 8085 microprocessor is a group of sixteen bidirectional lines that are used for data transfer between the microprocessor and memory.

10. ?The ratio of thermal conductivity to electrical conductivity of a metal M decreases at low temperatures and the value tends to be zero at zero degree Kelvin?.From the above statement, it can be concluded that
A. Thermal conductivity of metal M is constant
B. Electrical conductivity of metal varies with temperature only
C. At absolute zero thermal conductivity of M is zero
D. At absolute zero the electrical conductivity of metal M is infinitely large?
10.D. As the ratio of thermal conductivity to electrical conductivity tends to be zero at absolute zero temperature, it can be safely concluded that electrical conductivity (denominator) increases to infinitely large values.

11. Which of the following expression states Gibb?s phase rule (where the notations have their usual meaning?)
A. F = C - P + 1
B. F = C - P + 2
C. F = C - P + 3
D. F = C - P + 4.
11.B. F = C - P + 2 expression states Gibb?s phase rule.

12. In horizontal scanning in TV receiver, the beam starts from
A. left top corner and moves to the right
B. centre of top of the frame and moves to right
C. centre of the bottom of the frame and move to the right
D. right top corner of the frame and moves to the right
12.B. It starts from centre of top of the frame and moves to right.

13. The equipment used for measuring the height of the aero plane for ground is called
A. MTI
B. Pulse radar
C. Radar altimeter
D. CW radar.
13.C. The equipment is called radar altimeter.

14. A reflex Klystron functions as
A. microwave amplifier
B. microwave oscillator
C. a high gain cavity
D. both as amplifier and as oscillator
14.B. A reflex Klystron functions as microwave oscillator.

15. The effect of noise in a communication system is most adverse with reference to
A. Channel
B. Encoder
C. Source
D. Receiver
15.A. It is with reference to channel.

16.In the circuit shown in the given figure, the switch S is open for a long time and closed at t = 0.
16.A. The voltage across capacitor prior to closing of the switch is 6 נ4 / 2 = 12 V. Immediately after closing of the switch S, the source current is all diverted into the ?short? and capacitor furnishes a current of 12 / 2 = 6 A in the 2-ohm resistor. The direction is opposite to the marked one. Thus I = -6 A.

17.C. The force on a charge moving in a magnetic field is F = q v x B; to both vthe force is & B. Hence the magnitude of v is not changes and thus kinetic energy at the entry and exit points will be same.
Figure
18. A power MOSFET is a
A. current controlled device
B. voltage controlled device
C. both current and voltage controlled device
D. none of the above
18.B. A power MOSFET is a voltage controlled device and requires only a small input current.

is known is I2 dm / d 19. The instrument whose deflection is given by the expression
A. electrodynamics type
B. repulsion type
C. electrostatic type
D. attraction type
19.A. The instrument is known as electrodynamics type.

Last edited by Arun Vats; 10th August 2014 at 12:22 PM.

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in