2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

30th October 2014, 09:57 AM
Super Moderator

Re: Salary of Bank Clerk & how to become Bank Clerk

Ok fine, The salary of clerks in most of the public sector banks and some private banks is same..

Almost all public sector banks place the clerks in the following scale at the 1st stage of the grade :-
Rs. 7200 - (400x3) - 8400 - (500x3) - 9900 - (600x4) - 12300 - (700x7) - 17200 - (1300x1) - 18500 - (800x1) - 19300
Thus, the initial Basic Pay of a clerk will be Rs.7200/- .

If you want to become Bank Clerk then you have to appear for the IBPS Clerk Exam.

Bank of India recruits clerks every year on the basis of the clerk common written exam conducted by IBPS.

Eligibility for Bank Clerk Exam-

Graduation in any stream
Computer literacy is necessary, either having studied as school level or having completed any type ofCertificate / Diploma /Degree

Age: Minimum age 20 and Maximum age 28, relaxation in age eligibility is available for SC, ST, OBC, Persons with Disability and Ex-Servicemen.

Scoring minimum required marks is the eligibility to appear for the interview.
22nd November 2015, 02:22 PM
Unregistered

Hello sir I want to become clerk in bank so please provide me information about procedure to become clerk and also provide salary information of clerk.
22nd November 2015, 02:23 PM
Super Moderator

There are various vacancies for the clerk posts in all public ands private banks. The candidates are recruited on the basis of online test exam conducted by the SBI and IBPS.

Eligibility

1. Nationality: Candidates must be a citizen of India.

2. Age Limit: Candidates age must be between 20 years and 28 years. Age relaxations will be extended as per govt rules.

3. Age Relaxation:

SC / ST-5 years
Other Backward Classes (OBC)-3 years

Educational Qualification:

A Graduation level degree from a recognised university, or any equivalent qualification recognised.

The candidates who are in the final year of Graduation/Semester may also apply.

Pay scale-: rs.7200-19300/-+ other allowances

Selection procedure

Written exam

Personal Interview

Pattern of written exam

The test will be online objective type, consisting of

(i) General Awareness
(ii) General English
(iii) Quantitative Aptitude
(iv) Reasoning Ability
(v) Marketing Aptitude / Computer Knowledge.

The questions in objective tests, except for the test of General English, will be bilingual i.e., English & Hindi.

Each test will be of 40 marks.

For these objective type tests of total 200 marks candidates will be given a composite time of 2 Hours 15 minutes.

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in