2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

11th March 2016, 11:26 AM
Super Moderator

Re: SAIL Management Trainee Question Papers PDF

Hello, here I am providing you the SAIL Management Trainee exam previous years’ papers as under:

1.Two coils in differential connection have self-inductance of 2 mH and 4 mH and a mutual inductance of 0.15 mH. The equivalent inductance of the combination is

5.7 mH
5.85 mH
6 mH
6.15 mH.

2.Two point charges Q and -Q are located on two opposite corners of a square as shown in figure. If the potential at the corner A is taken as 1V, then the potential at B, the center of the square will be

Zero
(1/2)^1/2V
1 V
(2)^1/2V

3.Opto-couplers combine

SITs and BJTs
IGBTs and MOSFETS
Power transformers and silicon transistor
Infrared light-emitting diode and a silicon photo transistor

4.The difference between the indicated value and the true value of a quantity is known as

Gross error
Absolute error
Dynamic error
Relative error

5.The principles of homogeneity and super-position are applied to :

linear time variant systems
non-linear time variant systems
linear time invariant systems
non-linear time invariant systems.

6.In a 8085 microprocessor system with memory mapped I / 0,

I / 0 devices have 8-bit addresses
I / 0 devices are accessed using IN and OUT instructions
there can be a maximum of 256 input devices and 256 output devices.
arithmetic and logic operations can be directly performed with the I / 0 data.

7. The transistor shown in figure below, is biased

at cut-off
at saturation
well into saturation
well into cut-off

8.In any transmitting antenna system, efficiency primarily depends upon

ohmic losses of various conductors
radiation resistance
ground conductivity
atmospheric conditions.

9.An instruction used to set the carry Flag in a computer can be classified as

data transfer
arithmetic
logical
program control

10. The binary representation of 5.375 is

11. Dislocations in materials are

point defect
line defect
planer defect
surface defects.

12.In TV system, vertical pulses are separated out from horizontal pulses by the use of

integrator
differentiators
sweep credit
sync separator.

13.Frequency in the UHF range propagate by means of

Ground waves
Sky waves
Surface waves
Space waves.

14.200 MHz may be classified as

VHF
SHF
UHF
EHF

15.A communication satellite is a repeater between

a transmitting station and a receiving station
a transmitting station and many receiving stations
many transmitting stations and many receiving stations
none of the above

16. The power in a series R-L-C circuit will be half of that at resonance when the magnitude of the current is equal to

V/2R
V/(3R)^1/2
V/(2R)^1/2

17. The efficiency of a chopper can be expected in the range

50 to 55 percent
65 to 72 percent
82 to 87 percent
92 to 99 percent

18. Which one out of the following instruments should be used to measure 600kV a.c.voltages ?

Hot wire instrument
Electrostatic voltmeter
Moving coil voltmeter
Moving iron voltmeter

19. The following programme is run on an 8085 microprocessor,
Memory address in Hex Instruction
2000 LXI SP, 1000
2003 PUSH H
2004 PUSH D
2005 CALL 2050
2008 POP 2050
2009 HIT
As the completion of execution of the program, the program the program counter of the 8085 contains ………, and the stack pointer contains ……..

2050, OFFC
2251, OFFC
1025, OCCF
1025, OCCF

20. The smallest change in sound intensity that can be detected

1 dB
3 dB
10 dB
20 dB.

SAIL management trainee paper:
1. How many cards of E type are inserted in brown envelopes?
* Nil
* One
* Answer is: Two
* Three
* Data inadequate
2. Which of the following combinations of the type of cards and the number of cards is definitely correct
in respect of yellow-coloured envelopes?
* A-2, B-I, C-2
* B-I, C-2. D-2
* A-2, E-l, D-2
* Answer is: A-3, B-1 C-1
* None of these
3. Which of the following combinations of types of cards and the number of cards and colour of envelope
is definitely correct?
* Answer is: C-2, D-1, E-2, Brown
* C-1,D-2,E-2,Brown
* B-2, D-2, A-I, Red
* A-2,B-2,C-1,Yellow
* None of these
4. Which of the following combinations of colour of the envelope and the number of cards is definitely
correct in respect of E type cards?
* Red-2, Brown-l
* Red-1,Yellow-2
* Red-2, Yellow- 1
* Yellow-1,Brown-2
* Answer is: None of these
5. “Forty per cent of our products are sold in rural area, fifty-three per cent are sold in semi-urban area,
sixty per cent of employees are from rural area.” Which of the following statements is definitely true?
* The company’s products are purchased only by its employees and their family.
* The company does not desire to recruit urban employees.
* The company’s products are required in big urban cities and metro areas.
* The company holds approximately 90% of the market share in its product line.
* Answer is: None of these
6. “We do not advertise, our product speaks for itself.”— Statement of manufacturer of two-wheeler
‘BJA’.
Which of the following, if true, would support and strengthen this statement?
(i) The prices of BJA two-wheelers are on higher side.
(ii) ‘BJA’ has won award for Quality Control Systems.
(iii) The BJA two-wheeler is sleek-looking and has good colours.
(iv) The salaries of BJA employees are better than government services.
* Only (i) and (ii)
* Answer is: Only (ii) and (iii)
* Only (iii) and (iv)
* Only (i), (ii) and (iiii)
* None of these
Directions (Q. 7-13): Read the following in formation carefully and answer the following questions:
Following are the criteria for organizing interview of such candidates as have been selected from the
promotion to officer’s grade from assistant grade in the PRS Industrial Group Limited:
The candidate to be called for interview must:
(i) be a graduate with minimum 50% marks.
(ii) have minimum five years’ experience in the clerical cadre job.
(iii) have obtained at least ‘C’ ratings in performance (speed of work) and the quality of work each during
the last three years. For this five ratings A, 8, C, D and E-have been created on the basis of ”Performance
Appraisal Report” with the lowest ratings of A and the highest ratings of E.
(iv) have obtained at least ‘D’ ratings in the approach of work (dependability) and in the flexibility of work
each for his/her works in the last three years. For this, seven ratings A, B,C, D, E, F and G have been
formulated on the basis of “Performance Appraisal Report” with lowest ratings of A and the highest
ratings of G.
However, in case of a candidate who fulfills all other criteria EXCEPT
(a)(i) above, but has passed Graduation Exam and has got ‘E’ ratings in the approach of work in the last
three years, may be referred to the Assistant Manager (Personnel).
(b) (ii) above, but has experience of three years in clerical cadre job and has got at least ‘D’ ratings in the
quality of work for his/her works in the last three years, may be referred to the Deputy Manager
(Personnel).
Based on these criteria and information provided against each candidate, decide the course of action. You
are not to assume anything. If the data provided are not adequate to decide the given course of action,
your answer will be “Data inadequate”. All the candidates fulfill the criterion of age. V Give answer
(1) if data are inadequate (2) if not to be selected (3) if selected for the interview (4) if case is referred
to the Assistant Manager (5) if case is referred to the Deputy Manager
7. Mohammed Sheikh is a brilliant post-graduate in Science and has secured 63% and5 marks in
graduation and post graduation respectively. He has ‘E’ grade for dependability and flexibility
inPerformance Appraisal Report for last four years. He has got ‘C’ rating for quality of work and speed of
work. He joined the Bank four years ago.
* data are inadequate
* Answer is: not to be selected
* selected for the interview
* case is referred to the Assistant Manager
* case is referred to the Deputy Manager
8. Kiran Bala is a young lady and laborious assistant who joined this organisation six years ago after
passing B. Commerce Exam. The ratings being given to her for the last 4 years are ‘D’ and ‘C’ respectively
for quality of work and speed of work. She is one of the leaders of the clerks. She has got ‘D’ ratings for
flexibility of work for the last 5 years.
* Answer is: data are inadequate
* not to be selected
9. Marks details missing Mandar Rhave has passed his Graduation in Science and Diploma in Business
Management with 58% and 62% respectively. lie is good player of chess. His rating on PAR are ‘D’ for
‘dependability’ and ‘flexibility’ whereas he has ‘C’ rating for ‘quality of work’ and ‘D’ rating for ‘speed of
work’ for the last 4 years.
* Answer is: data are inadequate
* not to be selected
10. Joining Date missing Anubhav Rege is with the company for last seven years. For the last 4 years he
has ‘D’ rating for ‘quality of work’, ‘C’ rating for ‘speed of work’, ‘F’ rating for ‘dependability’ and ‘D’ rating
for ‘flexibility’. His marks in graduation and post-graduation are 46% and 50% respectively. He is very
fond of cultural activities
* data are inadequate
* not to be selected
* Answer is: case is referred to the Assistant Manager
12. Shivasundaram has got ‘D’ rating since he joined the bank three years ago on quality of work, speed
of work, dependability and flexibility. He has passed his graduation and post graduation with 52% and
47% marks respectively. Shivasundaram is a popular employee because of his social activities.
* data are inadequate
* not to be selected
* Answer is: case is referred to the Deputy Manager
12. Seema Mukhi is working in the clerical cadre for last five-and-a-half years. She has got ‘D’ and ‘E’
ratings respectively on ‘flexibility’ and ‘dependability’ and ‘C’ rating for ‘quality of work’ and ‘speed of
work’ for last four years. She has obtained 55% and 48% at SSC and graduation respectively.
* data are inadequate
* not to be selected
* Answer is: case is referred to the Assistant Manager
13. Anthony Cruz is a sportsman and is Vice-Captain of cricket team of PRS Industries Ltd. He is working
with the company for last seven years in theclerical cadre. The rating being given to him for the last 3
years is ‘C’ and ‘D’ grade for quality of work and speed of work respectively. Similarly, he has ‘D’ grade
for dependability and flexibility in PAR. He is an Arts graduate with 54% of marks
* data are inadequate
* not to be selected
* Answer is: selected for the interview
Directions (Q. 14-18): In each question below is given a statement followed by three assumptions
numbered I, II and III. An assumption is something supposed or taken for granted. You have to consider
the statement and the assumptions and decide which of the assumptions is implicit in the statement.
Then decide which of the answers (1), (2), (3) (4) and (5) is the correct answer.
14. Statement: “A rare opportunity to be a professional while you are at home..— An advertisement for
computer-literate housewives by a computer company
Assumptions: I. Some housewives simultaneously desire to become professional.
IL Computer industry is growing at a fast pace.
III. It is possible to be a professional as well as a housewife.
* Only I and II
* Only II and III
* Answer is: Only I and III
* Only II
* None of these
15. Statement: India’s economic growth has come at a terrible price of increased industrial and vehicular
pollution.
Assumptions: I. Pollution is a part of industrial society.
II. Indian economic growth is based on only industrial growth.
Ill. A country desires economic growth with manageable side-effects.
* only I
* Only II
* Answer is: Only I and III
* Only III
* None of these
16. Statement: Efforts to develop technologies more appropriate to the needs of the poorest sections of
society need to be further intensified. Assumptions: I: Nothing is impossible if proper efforts are made.
II. Technology needs are different for different sections of society. III It is possible to develop
appropriate technologies for various economic sections of the society.
* Only I
* Only III
* Only II
* Answer is: Both II and III
* None of these
17. Statement: “We have the distinction of being the only company in India as well as the second in the
world to have won an ISO 9002 quality certification in our line of business”- Statement of company X’s
Chairman. Assumptions: I. There were not many companies in the line of business of Company ‘X’. II
Getting ISO 9002 in the line of business of Company “X’ is not easy. III. The company ‘X’ desires to
expand its business.
* Only I
* Only II
* Only III
* Answer is: Only II and III
* None of these
18. Its Difficult to get and Chairman is highlighting this fact only to expand business Statement: Cooperative
social relationships contribute to develop individual potentialities. Assumptions: I Every society
desires to prosper. II. Individuals desire to develop their potential. III It is possible to create and
maintain co-operative environment in a society.
* Answer is: Only II and III
* Only II and I
* Only I and III
* Only II
* None of these
19. In a school class there are 65 children boys outnumber the girls by 21. How many girls are in the
class .
* Answer is: 22
* None of these
20. John had appointment in Delhi .He Reached there on Sunday. He found that he was three days
earlier than the meeting day. If he had reached on the following Friday how many days late would he has
been.
* one day
* Answer is: two days
* three days
* four days
* None of these

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in