2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

26th February 2016, 05:52 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Rules For improvement exam in Delhi University

As you have asked about the rules for passing and improvement in exam of Delhi University, I am giving you some details about it

Minimum marks required to pass any paper in a semester scheme is-
a. 40% in theory
b. 40% in practical (in Science Subjects)
Student must secure 40% in the end of semester examination.

Student shall be eligible for promotion from first year to second year of course provided she/he has passed 50% papers of I and II semester taken together (excluding Qualifying papers).

Student who has to reappear in semester I/III/V can appear in the semester examination to be held in November/ December.
Student who has to reappear in Semester II/IV/VI can appear in the semester examination to be held
in April/May.
Qualifyingcourse: 36%.
Credit course: 40% both in theory and practical separately, aggregate 40%
Reappearance in theory paper is allowed.

Reappearance in practical paper is not allowed.

A Student may reappear in his/ her semester exam on the immediate subsequent semester exam, like
A student reappearing in paper prescribed for semester examination I may do so along with semester III examination and not along with paper of semester V.

Students who have cleared part III (V and VI semester) may reappear in any paper of V or VI semester only once, at the immediate subsequent exam within the prescribed span period

An Ex-Student shall be required to appear only in those papers in which he had failed. In case the Ex-Student does not fulfill the requirement of 50% in aggregate, then he/she has to repeat the whole semester. The examination of the student shall be taken, as per the notification of University of Delhi.

Delhi University passing scheme

23rd September 2017, 01:37 PM
Reena.pahuja

I do my graduation in the year 1999.but my % is only 44 now I want to improve my marks is it possible or any other way
21st May 2018, 04:36 PM
Unregistered

i fill. improvement exam. if I'm absent in that exam.than m i count as failed in that exam
25th October 2018, 12:04 PM
Unregistered

hlo sir my b com 2 nd year result has been declared and ihv back in corporate accounting so i know that iwill hv to clear my back exam but iam not satisfy with my marks which subject i hv passed so i also want to fill the improvement exam for that then please i requesting u please tell me what should i do
7th December 2018, 02:59 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i fill. improvement exam. if I'm absent in that exam.than m i count as failed in that exam
No, you shall earn your previous marks secured .
6th May 2019, 02:12 PM
Unregistered

Just want to ask did you retain your previous marks?
28th June 2019, 09:11 PM
Unregistered

Sir I got less marks then I expected in last semester of graduation in Delhi University I can give the revaluation for last semester and simultaneously can I take admission in post graduation by merit base???
1st August 2020, 07:53 AM
Unregistered

We completed our graduation in 2018.
Can I improve my marks or not..
28th April 2021, 03:24 PM
Unregistered

hello sir,
due to the pandemic, the results of the second semester had been declared on the the basis of internals. Can I apply for the improvement exam in 4th semester?

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in