2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

25th October 2012, 09:15 AM
Super Moderator

Re: Rice MBA essay sample

I am giving the essay topics of Rice Jones Graduate School of Business for your reference. Go through it.

How will this experience impact your contribution as a team member at the Jones School?
Describe a time when you successfully transformed an idea into action.
Include its impact on you and how it altered your view of the world.
How did your leadership and interpersonal skills contribute to this experience
Describe a defining moment or event that changed your life.
Describe your short-term and long-term career goals, and how the MBA will help you achieve those goals.
What is the best mistake you have ever made?
What historical event would you like to have witnessed or participated in, and why?
Why is now the appropriate time to pursue an MBA, and why are you interested in obtaining a Rice MBA?
5th November 2015, 03:41 PM
Unregistered

As you evaluate where you are today, how have your educational, professional, and personal endeavours brought you to this point? In addition, please explain how the Rice EMBA is part of your future plan?
5th November 2015, 03:42 PM
Super Moderator

Apart from enthusiasm and proven ability to make things happen, one needs to refine his competencies before he can become a game-changer. First, he must upgrade my knowledge on general and entrepreneurial management. Second, HEneed entrepreneurial experience myself. Hence, along with studies, HEwill start projects to simplify e-business launch. This will build the foundation of future incubator infrastructure, team and network. Moreover, HEhave to improve my leadership personality to a level that will fascinate investors and partners across the world.

He believes Rice EMBA can provide an ideal mix of the expertise, support and international exposure. The program nucleus will provide comprehensive framework of general management knowledge, while electives will fuel me with nuances on how new ventures are managed, evaluated and built. Strategy courses such as “New venture development” by Prof. John Bate and “Understanding entrepreneurial management” with real e-business guest speakers will provide me an over-arching view on entrepreneurship. Furthermore, “Managing the Growing Business”, “Financing the Entrepreneurial Business”, and “Venture Capital and Private Equity” courses will nurture my abilities to analyse and formulate the strategic direction of new ventures.

With cutting-edge knowledge on project development, He will use the Summer School to test an idea. Active start-up clubs and angel investor network will help me to establish connections with potential partners and investors. Considering my global plans, He anticipated work in outstandingly diverse teams to discover differences in various countries’ decision-making, management practices and culture. Finally, the location advantage is another factor. HE is surely excited to earn globally recognized degree within a small distance from family and still have the chance of international exchange experience.

To ensure Rice EMBA is right for my personal and professional development, HE attended school’s on-line sessions, met with program alumnae, enjoyed students’ blogs and BSR.

HE was impressed by the quality of preparation and staff level and now am 100% sure Rice is exactly the step I need to take on the road to my centre.

Address:

RICE
Jesse H. Jones Graduate School of Business
Rice University
P.O. Box 2932-MS 531
Houston, Texas 77252-2932

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in