2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

8th December 2014, 08:50 AM
Unregistered

Requirements for MCA at IIT after BCA

I have completed BCA and now want to join IIT for MCA so please give me all important details including Requirements to join?
Similar Threads
Thread
HPU MBA Requirements
RN CDE Requirements
Uwo MBA requirements
Nbs MBA requirements
TTU MBA Requirements
RPI MBA Requirements
MBA aim requirements
CSU MBA Requirements
UWM MBA Requirements
KSU MBA Requirements
NYU MBA Requirements
SLU MBA Requirements
EWU MBA requirements
VCU MBA Requirements
Wpi MBA requirements
Ntu MBA requirements
MBA fsu requirements
MBA usa requirements
NBS MBA Requirements
NDA Requirements
8th December 2014, 09:51 AM
Super Moderator

Re: Requirements for MCA at IIT after BCA

For MCA form IIT after BCA you have to give IIT JAM which is conducted every year by IIT’s for admission in MCA course. Here I am giving you all important details including Requirements to join IIT through IIT JAM.

Eligibility Criteria:

(i) For IISc Bangalore:
First class marks (As declared by the University) for Un – Reserved / OBC Category Candidates and Second class (As declared by the University) or 50% aggregate marks, without rounding off, for SC / ST and PwD Category Candidates in the qualifying degree.

(ii) For IIT Guwahati:
At least
(a) 55% marks or 6.0 CPI in a scale of 10, without rounding off, in Major / Honors and Pass in all other subjects, including Languages and Subsidiaries or

(b) 60% aggregate marks or 6.5 CPI in a scale of 10, without rounding off, taking into account all subjects, including Languages and Subsidiaries, all years combined, for Un – Reserved / OBC (NCL) Category Candidates; and

At least
(a) 50% marks or 5.5 CPI in a scale of 10, without rounding off, in Major / Honors and pass in all other subjects, including Languages and Subsidiaries, or

(b) 55% aggregate marks or 6.0 CPI in a scale of 10, without rounding off, taking into account all subjects, including Languages and Subsidiaries, all years combined, for SC/ST and PwD Category Candidates, in the qualifying degree.

(iii) For IIT Indore:
A first class in the qualifying degree At IIT Indore, the First Class is defined as:
(i) A minimum of 60% marks for GEN / OBC (55% for SC / ST) category in aggregate or as specified by the university / institute OR

(ii) A minimum CPI of 6.0 for GEN / OBC (5.5 for SC / ST) category on the scale of 10; with corresponding proportional requirements when the scales are other than on 10 ( for example 4.8 for GEN / OBC category ( 4.4 for SC / ST ) on a scale of 8) OR

(iii) A first class as specified by the university / institute.

(iv) For all other IITs:
At least 55% aggregate marks, without rounding off, ( taking into account all
subjects, including Languages and Subsidiaries, all years combined ) for Un – Reserved / OBC Category Candidates and at least 50% aggregate marks, without rounding off, (Taking into account all subjects, including Languages and Subsidiaries, all years combined) for SC / ST and PwD Category Candidates in the qualifying degree.

IIT JAM MCA Syllabus:

Mathematics Syllabus:

Algebra:
Set theory and its simple applications. Basic concepts of groups, fields and vector spaces.

Matrices:
Rank of a matrix. Existence and uniqueness of solution of a system of linear equations. Eigenvalues and Eigen vectors. Inverse of a matrix by elementary transformations.

Differential Calculus:
Differentiation, Partial differentiation, Taylor series and approximate calculations. Maxima and minima of functions of one and two variables.

Integral Calculus:
Single and multiple integration. Definite integrals, Change of order and change of variables. Applications to evaluation of area, surface and volume.

Differential Equations:
First order differential equations, linear differential equations of higher order with constant coefficients.

Vector Algebra:
Addition, subtraction, dot product, cross product, triple product and their applications.

Numerical Analysis:
Solution of non – linear equations using iterative methods. Interpolation ( Lagrange’s formula and Newton’s formula for equidistant points ). Numerical differentiation and integration ( Trapezoidal and Simpson’s rules ).

Probability:
Basic concepts of probability theory. Binomial and Poisson distributions.

Linear Programming:
Formulation and its graphical solution for two variable problems.

Computer Awareness Syllabus:

Elements of computers. Number systems. Basic electronic gates. Boolean algebra. Flip – Flops. Algorithmic approach to solve problems. Fundamentals of C language

Analytical Ability and General Awareness Syllabus:

Simple questions will be asked to test the analytical ability and general awareness of candidates.

Top Colleges Accepting IIT JAM Scores:
1 IISc Bangalore
2 IIT Bhubaneswar
3 IIT Bombay
4 IIT Delhi
5 IIT Gandhinagar
6 IIT Guwahati
7 IIT Hyderabad
8 IIT Indore
9 IIT Kanpur
10 IIT Kharagpur
11 IIT Madras
12 IIT Roorkee
13 IIT Ropar

Important Tentative Dates:

Issue of OMR Application Forms and Information Brochures at Canara Bank counters: 20 September

Commencement of Online Registration: 20 September

Last date for issue of OMR Application Forms and Information Brochures at Canara Bank counters: 20 October

Last date for Online Registration on the website / website closure: 23 October

Last date for receipt of completed OMR Application Form along with Pay-in-slip and Demand Draft: 30 October

Last date for receipt of completed Online Registration Form along with Demand Draft: 30 October

Announcement of the Results of JAM: 10 April
28th March 2020, 08:46 AM
arvindjangir

Re: Requirements for MCA at IIT after BCA

i am a student of bca 2nd year (3 year course) than when should i apply for iit jam . can i apply for it without complete my graduation

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in