2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

4th December 2014, 02:03 PM
Unregistered

Registration for CPT

I want to register for CPT so please give me all details for registration including registration fee? Also give syllabus of CPT section A and B?
Similar Threads
Thread
Registration for PU CET
JNU Registration
JNU MCA Registration
MP PMT Registration
Registration for DTU
IPU CET Registration
How to NGO Registration
AMU registration
Registration for MAH CET
MBA Registration
CGL Registration
JR NBA Registration
CG PET Registration Id
MBA CET Registration
CA CPT Registration DD
Nit Registration
NDA Registration For
CAT IIM registration
B Ed Registration in MP
IES Registration
5th December 2014, 08:53 AM
Super Moderator

Re: Registration for CPT

Common Proficiency Test (CPT) is the entry level course and is same as Entrance Exams of Other Professional Organizations.

The CPT Exam is held twice every year in the month of June and December and the next CPT Exam is scheduled to be held on 14th Dec

CPT Registration Fees:
Cost of Application Form
Rs. 100

CPT Registration Fee
Rs. 6000

Subscription for Students Journal (Optional but strongly recommended)
Rs. 200

Subscription for Members Journal (Optional)
Rs. 400

Documents shall be enclosed with the CPT Registration Form:

Demand Draft for the whole amount drawn in favour of “The Secretary, Institute of Chartered Accountants of India” In case the Student opts for submitting the Registration Form online – he would be required to make the payment via Debit/Credit Card

Attested Copy of Class X Pass Certificate

Attested Copy of Class XII Pass Certificate

The Entrance Level Exam of the CA Curriculum i.e. CPT Consists of 4 Multiple Choice Papers which are divided into 2 Sections of 2 Papers each as shown below

Eligibility for CPT Registration:

Student should have registered 2 months prior to the month in which the Exam is scheduled to be held.

Therefore, to appear for June Exams – a student should have applied for CPT Registration before 1st April and to be eligible to appear for December Exams

A student should have applied for CPT Registration before 1st October.

To be eligible to appear for CPT Exams, a student should have cleared/appeared for Class XII Exams.

CA CPT Examination Syllabus:

Section – A: Fundamentals of Accounting:

(I) Theoretical Framework
Meaning and Scope of accounting
Accounting Concepts, Principles and Conventions
Accounting Standards – concepts, objectives, benefits
Accounting Policies
Accounting as a measurement discipline – valuation principles, accounting estimates

(II) Accounting Process
Books of Accounts leading to the preparation of Trial Balance, Capital and revenue expenditures,Capital and revenue receipts, Contingent assets and contingent liabilities, Fundamental errors including rectifications thereof.

(III) Bank Reconciliation Statement

(IV) Inventories
Basis of inventory valuation and record keeping

(V) Depreciation accounting
Methods, computation and accounting treatment of depreciation, Change in depreciation methods

(VI) Preparation of Final Accounts for Sole Proprietors

(VII) Accounting for Special Transactions
(a) Consignments
(b) Joint Ventures
(c) Bills of exchange and promissory notes
(d) Sale of goods on approval or return basis.

(VIII) Partnership Accounts
Final accounts of partnership firms – Basic concepts of admission, retirement and death of a partner including treatment of goodwill

(IX) Introduction to Company Accounts
Issue of shares and debentures, forfeiture of shares, re-issue of forfeited shares, redemption of preference shares.

Section B: Mercantile Laws ( 40 Marks )

Objective:

To test the general comprehension of elements of mercantile law
Contents
1. The Indian Contract Act , 1872: An overview of Sections 1 to 75 covering the general nature of contract , consideration , other essential elements of a valid contract , performance of contract and breach of contract.
2. The Sale of Goods Act, 1930: Formation of the contract of sale – Conditions and Warranties –Transfer of ownership and delivery of goods – Unpaid seller and his rights.
3. The India Partnership Act, 1932: General Nature of Partnership – Rights and duties of partners – Registration and dissolution of a firm.

Contact Details:
Additional Secretary (Examinations),
The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India,
ICAI Bhawan, Indraprastha Marg,
New Delhi – 110002
28th December 2014, 01:04 PM
Unregistered

Re: Registration for CPT

[QUOTE=Unregistered;197335]I want to register for CPT so please give me all details for registration including registration fee? Also give syllabus of CPT section A and B? would you pls send the details to my gmail nikhilbandaru143@gmail.com

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in