2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

11th February 2013, 01:16 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Question Papers with Solutions

As per you demand I am providing you the Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Question Papers so you can easily preparation for this course.

Here, I am uploading attachment two PDF file. You can download free from here.

here i am provide some contain of this file:
1. What is the type of air cooling system using in air craft?
2. How is the effectiveness of a refrigeration system measured?
3. What is sub-cooling and superheating?
4. What is an azeotrope Refrigerant?
5. What do you understand by the term Psychometry?
6. Define room sensible heat factor.
7. What is effective temperature?
8. What do you understand by the term cooling load?
9. Why the ducts are used in an air conditioning system?
10. Explain the term heat rejection factor.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Question Papers.pdf (137.3 KB, 293 views)
18th October 2019, 09:25 AM
Unregistered

I want to get Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Question Papers with Solutions , so would you plz tell me from where I can do download its paper on free of cost ??
18th October 2019, 09:26 AM
Super Moderator

As you are asking for Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Question Papers with Solutions , so on your demand I am providing same ;

Refrigeration And Air Conditioning - Dec 16
Mechanical Engineering (Semester 8)
Total marks: 80
Total time: 3 Hours INSTRUCTIONS
(1) Question 1 is compulsory.
(2) Attempt any three from the remaining five questions.
(3) Assumptions made if any should be justified. (4) Use of Refrigerant Charts, Psychometric chart, Friction chart, and Steam Tables are allowed

1.a. Define i) Relative humidity, ii) Ton of refrigeration, iii) Degree of saturation, iv ) Dew point temperature v) Coefficient of performance
(5 marks)
1.b. Draw P-H and T-S diagram when the vapours are superheated at the end of compression and with under cooling of liquid.
(5 marks)
1.c. What is effective temperature? Which are the factors governing effective temperature?
(5 marks)
1.d. Explain ASHRAE numbering system for refrigerants with example.
(5 marks)
1.e. Atmospheric air at 10C WBT and 15C DBT enters a heating coil whose temperature is 40C DBT. The bypass factor of heating coil is 0.4. Determine DBT, WBT and RH of the air leaving the coil and the amount of sensible heat added per kg of air.
(5 marks)
2.a. For a sample of air having 22C DBT, Relative humidity 30% at barometric pressure of 760mm of Hg. Calculate i) Vapour pressure ii) Vapour density iii) Humidity ratio iv) Enthalpy.
(8 marks)
2.b. Explain the working principle of thermostatic expansion valve with the help of neat diagram.
(6 marks)
2.c. Describe vapour absorption refrigeration system using three fluids.
(6 marks)
3.a. An air cooling system for a jet plane cock pit operates on the simple cycle. The cockpit is to be maintained at 25C. The ambient air pressure and temperature ar 0.35 bar and -15C repectively. The pressure ratio of the jet compressor is 3. The plane speed is 1000 km/hr. The air is passed through a heat exchanger after compression and cooled to its original conditions entering into the air jet. The pressure loss in heat exchanger is 0.1 bar. The pressure of air leaving the cooling turbine is 1.013 and is also the pressure in the cockpit. The cooling load in the cockpit is 70 kW. Determine i) Mass flow rate of air circulated to the cabin. ii) Net power delivered to the refrigeration system. iii) The COP of the system.
(12 marks)
3.b. Explain with heat sketch a complete multistage vapour compression system.
(4 marks)
3.c. What are the general rules to be followed in the design of ducts?
(4 marks)
4.a. A vapour compression system using R 12 works between -15C and 35C as evaporator and condenser temprature respectively. Using P-H chart determine i) COP ii) Mass flow of refrigerant per TR iii)Piston displacement per TR using volumetric efficiency =80% iv) Heat rejected in the e condenser per TR.
(12 marks)
4.b. Explain cascade system of refrigeration.
(4 marks)
4.c. What are the different types of compressors used in refrigeration and air conditioning practice? Discuss them.
(4 marks)
5.a. The design conditions for an air conditioned hall is
Inside condition 24C DBT and 60% RH
Outside condition 38C DBT and 28C WBT
Sensible heat gain 167040 kJ/hr
Latent heat gain 41760kJ/hr
Infiltrated air 20CMM
Coil ADP 10C 60% of total air is recirculated and mixed with conditioned air after cooling coil. Determine i) The condition of air berfore entering the hall ii) The condition of air leaving the conditioner coil iii) BPF of cooling coil iv) refrigeration load on cooling coil.
(14 marks)
5.b. Describe cooling towers with important performance related terms.
(6 marks)
6.a. Aspect ratio of a rectangular duct is 7 and its equivalent circular duct diameter is 100 mm. The ratio of longer side of reactangular duct to the diameter of circular duct is 2.6. Find the dimension of shorter side of the duct.
(6 marks)
6.b. What is secondary refrigerant? Where it used? Explain its importance in big ice plant.
(6 marks)
6.c. Write a short note (any two)

6.c.i. Deep sea water air conditioning
(4 marks)
6.c.ii. Vortex tube refrigeration
(4 marks)
6.c.iii. Noise and its controls in A/C system
(4 marks)
6.c.iv. Dairy and food processing plant
(4 marks)

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in