2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

14th July 2012, 09:16 AM
kundan

RBI faq FDI

Hi Sir I have issue on Reserve Bank of India’s Foreign Direct Investment so I want to know about RBI notifies changes in the FDI Policy and gives me its FAQ page link?
14th July 2012, 11:56 AM
Super Moderator

Re: RBI faq FDI

Here I am providing few FAQs related to FDI

1 What are the forms in which business can be conducted by a foreign company in India?

Ans. A foreign company planning to set up business operations in India may:

Incorporate a company under the Companies Act, 1956, as a Joint Venture or a Wholly Owned Subsidiary.

Set up a Liaison Office / Representative Office or a Project Office or a Branch Office of the foreign company which can undertake activities permitted under the Foreign Exchange Management (Establishment in India of Branch Office or Other Place of Business) Regulations, 2000.

Q.2. Which are the sectors where FDI is not allowed in India, both under the Automatic Route as well as under the Government Route?

Ans. FDI is prohibited under the Government Route as well as the Automatic Route in the following sectors:

i) Retail Trading (except single brand product retailing)

ii) Atomic Energy

iii) Lottery Business

iv) Gambling and Betting

v) Business of Chit Fund

vi) Nidhi Company

vii) Agricultural (excluding Floriculture, Horticulture, Development of seeds, Animal Husbandry, Pisciculture and cultivation of vegetables, mushrooms, etc. under controlled conditions and services related to agro and allied sectors) and Plantations activities (other than Tea Plantations) (cf. Notification No. FEMA 94/2003-RB dated June 18, 2003).

viii) Housing and Real Estate business (except development of townships, construction of residential/commercial premises, roads or bridges to the extent specified in Notification No. FEMA 136/2005-RB dated July 19, 2005).

ix) Trading in Transferable Development Rights (TDRs).

x ) Manufacture of cigars , cheroots, cigarillos and cigarettes , of tobacco or of tobacco substitutes.

For more questions I am uploading a file .Given below is the attachment of the file.
Attached Files
File Type: doc RBI FDI FAQ.doc (118.5 KB, 59 views)

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in