2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

23rd January 2017, 04:19 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Rajasthan State Eligibility Test

Rajasthan State Eligibility Test RSET is conducted by the Rajasthan Public Service Commission (RPSC) for lecturership in different colleges, universities and institutes in the state of Rajasthan.

RSET Exam Eligibility

Master's Degree OR equivalent examination from University recognized by UGC in Humanities (including languages) and Social Sciences, Computer Science and Application, Earth Science, Population Studies, Education etc. with at least 55% marks

At least 50% marks for Scheduled Caste (SC)/ Scheduled Tribe (ST)/ Physically Handicapped (PH)/Visually Handicapped (VH) category candidates

Candidates who have appeared OR will be appearing at the qualifying Master's degree examination may also apply

The Ph.D. degree holders shall be eligible for a relaxation of 5% in aggregate marks (i.e. from 55% to 50%) for appearing in RSET.

Candidates are required to appear in subject of their post-graduation only.

Age Limits

There is no upper age limit to apply

Paper Pattern

Rajasthan SET paper pattern shall consist of three papers which are scheduled for two sections.

Session I

Paper I (100 marks): 60 questions out of which 50 questions are to be attempted (one hour)

Paper II (100 marks): All 50 questions are compulsory (one hour)

Session II

Paper III (150 marks): All 75 questions are compulsory (two hours)

Paper-I shall be of general nature, intended to assess the teaching/research aptitude of the candidate. It will primarily be designed to test reasoning ability, comprehension, divergent thinking and general awareness of the candidate. Sixty (60) Multiple choice questions of two marks each will be given, out of which the candidate would be required to answer any fifty (50). In the event of the candidate attempting more than fifty questions, the first fifty questions attempted by the candidate would be evaluated.

Paper-II& III shall consist Objective type questions based on the subject selected by the candidate. Each question will carry 2 marks.

Exam Fee:-

(a) For OBC/SBC(Creamy layer) of Rajasthan state and General Candidates: Rs.750/-
(b) For OBC/SBC (Non-Creamy layer) of Rajasthan state Candidates: Rs. 450/-
(c) For SC/ST of Rajasthan state and All the PH Candidates:Rs. 300/-

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in