2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Jobs

17th April 2015, 02:29 PM
Unregistered

Question Paper PRSU

I am the student of BA First year of the Pandit Ravishankar Shukla University and I am doing the preparation of this exam so can you please provide me the 5 year previous year question paper of BA First year of the Pandit Ravishankar Shukla University so that I can do my preparation well according to this?
Similar Threads
Thread
Prsu tt
PRSU More
PRSU Ac
PRSU DCA Course
PRSU ac Aboutus about PRSU
TET Paper I exam question paper
Prsu ugc
Prsu mba
Prsu net
NET exam Sociology Paper III Previous year question paper
Sample Paper of PRSU
UGC NET Physical Education Paper III Exam Question Paper
WBFS question paper/paper pattern
K-SET computer science paper II and paper III question papers
KVS T.G.T Question Paper/Paper Pattern
DMRC Electronics (EC) Question Paper Delhi Metro Exam model Question Papers
UGC NET Physical Education Paper II Exam Question Paper
Last year question paper and Model paper of VAO exam
NET Paper II solved old question paper
NET Paper I solved old question paper
23rd July 2018, 07:07 PM
Unregistered

Re: Question Paper PRSU

Can you provide me the syllabus of M. Tech. in Optoelectronics & Laser Technology offered by Faculty of Science of Pt. Ravishankar Shukla University, Raipur (C.G) on which the question paper is based?
23rd July 2018, 07:11 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Question Paper PRSU

The syllabus of M. Tech. in Optoelectronics & Laser Technology offered by Faculty of Science of Pt. Ravishankar Shukla University, Raipur (C.G) on which the question paper is based is as follows:

SEMESTER I

OE 11 MODERN OPTICS
Unit 1

Classification of optical processes, optical coefficients, complex refractive index and dielectric
constant,
Optical materials : Crystalline insulators and semiconductor, glasses, metal, molecular materials,
doped glass and insulator characteristics, Optical Physics in the Solid state, crystal symmetry,
electronics bands, vibronic band, the density of state, delocalized states and collective excitation
Light propagation: Propagation of light in dense optical medium, Atomic oscillator, vibration
oscillator, free electron oscillation, the Kramers Kronig relationship, Dispersion, Optical
anisotropy, birefringence. Matrix representation of polarization, Jones vector, Jones matrices, Jones
calculus, orthogonal polarization. Reflection and refraction at a plane boundary, fresnels equations.

Unit 2
Excitons : Basic concept, free excitons in external electric and magnetic fields,
Free Excitions at light densities, frenkel excitons.
Luminescence : Light emission in solids, Interband luminescence, Direct and indirect gap
materials, photoluminescence : Excitation and relaxation, degeneracy, Photoluminescence
spectroscopy.
Electroluminescence : General Principles of electroluminescence, light emitting diodes, diode
laser.

Unit 3
Electromagnetism in dielectrics, Electromagnetism fields and Maxwell equation
Electromagnetism waves, Quantum theory of radiative absorption and emission
Einstein coefficients, Quantum transition rates, selection rules.
Basic concept of phonons, Polaritons and polarons.

Unit 4
Nonlinear optics : Non linear optics : Physical origin of optical nonlinearities, Non resonant and
resonant nonlinearities, second order nonlinearities, Non liner frequency mixing, Crystal
symmetry, Phase matching, Third order non linear media. Harmonic generation, mixing and
parametric effects. multiphonon processes Two-photon absorption, saturated absorption,
Spectroscopy Rayleigh, and Raman scattering. Stimulated Raman effect, Hyper Raman effect,
Coherent Antistoke Raman scattering Self-focusing and self-phase modulation. Self-induced
transparency. Solitons.

Unit 5
Optical Design, Fourier Optics & Holography : Revision of geometrical optics. Fourier transforms. impulse response transfer function. Scalar diffraction, spatial and temporal coherence. Image forming systems, coherent and incoherent imaging Spatial filtering Holography (Fresnel, Fraunhofer, Fourier). Holographic techniques and applications Fourier transforming property of thin lens

Reference Books
Optical Electronics, A. Yariv Saunders
Optical Electronics, Ghatak & Thyagarajan, Cambridge U.K
Essentials of Optoelectronics, A. Rogers (Chapman Hall)
Optical Properties of Solids Mark Fox
Jasprit Singh, Semi conductor Optoelectronics, McGraw Hill, 1995

Syllabus M. Tech. in Optoelectronics & Laser Technology PRS University, Raipur

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in