2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

26th September 2014, 04:08 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Punjab Civil Services Exam Dates

PCS Exam is a combined competitive examination held by the Punjab Public Service Commission for recruitment to the following posts:

Punjab Civil Service (Executive Branch) 23 posts
Deputy Superintendent of Police10 posts
Deputy Superintendent of Jail (Grade-II)/District Probation Officer(jails)16 posts
Excise & Taxation Officer52 posts
Tehsildar6 posts
Block Development & Panchayat Officer11 posts
Labour and Concilliation Officer2 posts
Total120 posts

Eligibility

Applicants should not be less than 21 years and more than 38 years of age

Educational Qualification:
Applicants should possess a degree of bachelor in any discipline from a recognized university or institution.

Applicants must have passed punjabi of matric

Tentative Dates:
Date of Notification
Dec, 2014

Last Date of for Filling of Application Form
Dec, 2014

Last Date for Depositing the Application Form
Jan, 2015

Date of Exam
Feb, 2015
3rd December 2014, 11:46 AM
Unregistered

Punjab Civil Services Exam Dates

hello sir would you please provide me the information regarding dates of Punjab Civil Services Exam ?

Last edited by Arun Vats; 19th January 2015 at 10:49 AM.
3rd December 2014, 01:33 PM
Super Moderator

Punjab Civil Services Exam is a combined competitive examination held by the Punjab Public Service Commission for recruitment to the following given services/posts:

Punjab Civil Service (Executive Branch) 23 posts
Deputy Superintendent of Police10 posts
Deputy Superintendent of Jail (Grade-II)/District Probation Officer(jails)16 posts
Excise & Taxation Officer52 posts
Tehsildar6 posts
Block Development & Panchayat Officer11 posts
Labour and Concilliation Officer2 posts

Tentative Dates:
Date of Notification
Dec, 2014

Last Date of for Filling of Application Form
Dec, 2014

Last Date for Depositing the Application Form
Jan, 2015

Date of Exam
Feb, 2015

Eligibility

Applicants should possess a degree of bachelor in any discipline from a recognized university or institution.
Applicants can take preliminary examination while studying for his degree course. Applicants shall be required to produce proof of passing the degree course for being eligible to take the final examination during that year.

Applicants must have passed punjabi of matric or its equivalent standard as on the last date of receipt of ONline application form i.e 30th Dec, 2014.

Applicants should not be less than 21 years and than 38 years of age as on 1st Jan, 2014
8th December 2014, 02:16 PM

punjab civil services 2015 notification date?

Please provide important dates for pcs punjab 2016
8th December 2014, 02:22 PM

punjab civil services 2015 notification date?

Please provide important dates of pcs punjab 2015
23rd September 2019, 01:54 PM
Unregistered

Hi buddy here I have come to know Punjab Public Service Commission (PPSC) Punjab Civil Services Combined Competitive Exam key dates so will you plz provide me same here ??
23rd September 2019, 01:55 PM
Super Moderator

Punjab Public Service Commission (PPSC) conducts Punjab Civil Services Combined Competitive Examination for various civil services posts or services.
As you asking I am telling Punjab Public Service Commission (PPSC) has not published key dates for Civil Services Combined Competitive Exam , when it will publish I inform you :

Punjab Public Service Commission (PPSC) Punjab Civil Services Combined Competitive Exam pattern :
Punjab Civil Services Exam Pattern:
Punjab Public Service Commissions (PPSC) Punjab State Civil Services Combined Competitive Examination Pattern details are given below

Scheme of Examination: Punjab State Civil Services Combined Competitive Examination will be held in two parts i.e Preliminary Competitive Examination and Main Examination.

A. Preliminary Competitive Examination:
The Preliminary Competitive Examination will consist of two papers i.e. Paper-I General Studies and Paper II Civil Services Aptitude Test. The Preliminary Competitive Examination is designed to sift suitable candidates for the Main Competitive Examination. Marks obtained in the Preliminary Competitive Examination by the candidates, who may be declared qualified for taking the Main Competitive Examination, shall not be counted for determining their final order of merit. Candidates equal to thirteen times of the total number vacancies may qualify for the Main Competitive Examination.

B. Main Examination:
The main examination will consist of written examination and a viva voce (interview) test. The written examination will consist of nine papers of conventional essay type in varous subjects. Candidates equal to 13 times the number of vacancies may be declared eligible to take Main Competitive Examination.

I. Structure of the Main Competitive Examination:
The compulsory and optional subjects and the maximum marks fixed for each subject for the main competitive examination shall be as shown in the table below:

Paper Subject Marks
I English 100
II Punjabi (in Gurmukhi Script) 100
III Essay (To be attempted either in Punjabi or English) (Gurmukhi Script) 100
IV General Studies Paper I 100
V General Studies Paper II 100
VI Optional Subject I, Paper I 100
VII Optional Subject I, Paper II 100
VIII Optional Subject II, Paper I 100
IX Optional Subject II, Paper II 100
Viva Voce 100
Total 1000