2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

10th December 2012, 11:06 AM
Super Moderator

Re: PTU Syllabus B.Tech Mechanical 4th Sem

You are looking for the PTU Syllabus B.Tech Mechanical 4th SEM so here i am giving you PDF which is having Syllabus B.Tech Mechanical 4th Sem.
PDF has initially Syllabus B.Tech Mechanical 3th Sem then after come Mechanical 4th Sem Syllabus and whole examination scheme as theory & practical marks.

PTU Syllabus B.Tech Mechanical 4th Sem has following subject in PDF is mentioned with unite wise:-

Mathematics-III
Strength of Materials – II
Theory of Machines – II
Theory of Machines Lab
Fluid Mechanics –I
Fluid Mechanics-I Lab
Applied Thermodynamics
Applied Thermodynamics
Lab
Manufacturing Process-II
Manufacturing Process-II
Lab
For more details you can read out the attach PDF as below:-
Attached Files
File Type: pdf PTU Syllabus B.Tech Mechanical 4th Sem.pdf (414.0 KB, 1003 views)
1st January 2013, 11:08 AM
Unregistered

please send me complete syllabus for 4,6,8 semester for all trades for 2013.
4th October 2019, 12:11 PM
Unregistered

here I am looking for Punjab Technical University (PTU) B.Tech Mechanical 4th Sem program Syllabus , so will you plz let me know from where I can do download it ??
4th October 2019, 12:14 PM
Super Moderator

As you want here I am giving bellow Punjab Technical University (PTU) B.Tech Mechanical 4th Sem program Syllabus , so on your demand I am providing same :

BTME 401 Strength of Materials-II
Course Objective/s and Outcome/s: The course is designed to understand the concepts of strain
energy, resilience, stress under impact loading; shear stress distribution in a beam of various cross
sections; stress in curved cross sections; stresses in helical, spiral and leaf springs; stress and strain
analysis of thin, thick cylinder and spheres subjected to internal pressure; and various failure
theories. The outcome of the course is to enhance deep and vigorous understanding of stress
analysis in various machine elements, so that a student can properly analyze and design a
mechanical member from the strength point of view under various conditions.
Unit I
Strain energy: Introduction to strain energy, energy of dilation and distortion. Resilience, stress
due to suddenly applied loads. Castiglianos and Maxwells theorem of reciprocal deflection.
Unit II
Theories of failure: Maximum principal stress theory, maximum shear stress theory, maximum
principal strain theory, total strain energy theory, shear strain energy theory. Graphical
representation and derivation of equation for these theories and their application to problems related
to two dimensional stress systems.
Unit III
Springs: Open and closed coiled helical springs under the action of axial load and/or couple. Flat
spiral springs- derivation of formula for strain energy, maximum stress and rotation. Leaf springdeflection and bending stresses
Unit IV
Thin cylinders and spheres: Calculation of Hoop stress, longitudinal stress in a cylinder, effects of
joints, change in diameter, length and internal volume. Principal stresses in sphere, change in
diameter and internal volume.
Unit V
Thick cylinders: Derivation of Lames equations, calculation of radial, longitudinal and hoop
stresses and strains due to internal pressure in thick cylinders, compound cylinders, hub shrunk on
solid shafts, shrinkage allowance and shrinkage stress.

Punjab Technical University (PTU) B.Tech Mechanical 4th Sem program Syllabus

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in