2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

30th May 2015, 04:17 PM
Unregistered

Ptu mp

I am residing in Bhopal MP and want to know is there any study center of PYU (Punjab Technical University) located in Bhopal. If yes tell me the type of courses offered at this study center and also provide me the contact address and map location of that study center in Bhopal?
18th July 2018, 04:07 PM
Unregistered

Re: Ptu mp

Hello sir, Im student of Punjab Technical University looking for question paper for Manufacturing Processes. Is there any one can provide me Punjab Technical University paper for Manufacturing Processes?
18th July 2018, 04:09 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Ptu mp

The Punjab Technical University is provides paper for Manufacturing Processes. The Paper of Manufacturing Process-1 is the study of technologies which are used in the manufacturing of products.

It is used in the planning of ordering of materials and other resources, manufacturing schedules, and compiling cost data.

Paper of Manufacturing Process-1 consists of 9 questions in it and there are 3 sections in which these questions are kept.

Section A is of 10 very short answer type questions, Section B is of 5 short answer type questions from which 4 are to be solved and Section C is of 3 long answer type questions from which 2 are to be solved.

Punjab Technical University paper for Manufacturing Processes

Punjab Technical University paper for Manufacturing Processes:

SECTION-A

1. Write briefly :
(a) Define powder metallurgy?
(b) What is piercing?
(c) Sketch a hot rolling process?
(d) Draw a typical die and show all the parts on it.
(e) What is the effect of small nose radius?
(f) Sketch the quick return mechanism of a planner machine.
(g) Write the composition of high carbon steel.
(h) Define speed and feed of a milling machine.
(i) What is tool signature?
(j) Write the name of lathe accessories.

SECTION-B
2. With the help of suitable sketches, explain the geometry of a single point cutting tool.
3. Describe the main parts of a lathe machine with the help of suitable sketches.
4. Differentiate between progressive and compound dies.
5. With the help of neat diagrams, explain the different types of drill holding devices.
6. Define indexing? Differentiate between compound and differential type of indexing.

SECTION-C
7. Explain the construction and working of a surface grinding machine with the help of suitable sketches.

8. (a) Explain the necessity of uses of coolants in machining operations. How coolants affect the speed, feed and depth of cut of machining?
(b) Explain in detail the power driving mechanism of a power press? Also define shut height.

9. (a) What is Extrusion? Explain the various factors which affect the performance of extrusion process.
(b) Define the cutting speed, feed and depth of cut for a drilling operation

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in